OT: I'm sorry to report...

John Larkin... The Dimmest Pulsar in the universe. You can count on a pulse emitting, but you can also count on what emits not being light.

Reply to
HectorZeroni

If figures that you wouldn't recognize math and "the numbers", AlwaysWrong. You can't read, either, DimBulb.

How do you do it, AlwaysWrong?

You keep forgetting that your 100 some-odd sockpuppets don't constitute a "we", Nymbecile.

Reply to
krw

I usually do.

Taking the reciprocal of 25 microseconds isn't math to you?

and

Can anybody translate that to English?

I'm obviously not easy to ignore, since you didn't manage it this time.

id

be

You'd be better off investing your efforts in learning something about the real world and rooting out a few of your more persistent misconceptions.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

You happen to be wrong about that too, but you don't seem to be equipped to recognise and correct your ingrained misconceptions

Nobody ever admits that they are rich. Some will go as far as admitting that they are comfortably off. Taking a lady to France on the QE2 was certainly an extravagance - you could have got there faster and cheaper by air. Even the cheapest cabin for two is going to set you back something $2400 today.

Not difficult. You are ignorant and gullible.

does mention the NV-RAM product, but I don't recall every being able to buy them from Farnell. Most of the fuss seems to be concentrated on the thin film solar panels (which is what went bust) and the NiMH batteries, which do seem to have been a success.

-- Bill Sloman,

Reply to
Bill Sloman

quoted text -

Hey John, Was that meant for me? If so, I don't know what "silly village gossip nonsense" you mean. Just curious. Can you fill me in? After Bully's comment and now yours, I wonder if I'm getting up in the middle of the night and sleep-posting. Then not remembering what I posted :-) Mikek

Reply to
amdx

I was making $28K at the time. But I've always saved money. And the lady's mother was a travel agent and got us a deal in first class.

I wouldn't do it again, the cruise or that lady.

But $2400 taday isn't a lot of money either.

You are a late-comer to this party. And of cource you couldn't buy it from Farnell, or even from a serous diestibutor. O sold a lot of stuff, and none of it ever really worked.

Get a job. Design some electronics. That's the real world.

quoted text -

No, I was responding to JF.

I mean whining about personalities by people who have nothing to say about electronics.

No, you actually know stuff about electronics.

vessels.

quoted text -

Now you're giving credit where credit isn't do! Mikek

Reply to
amdx

an

u did

what

pic

to be

on

g.

That your "real world". Some of us live in something more spacious.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Well, in that case its unlikely that you'll die from a heart attack. IMHO a heart attack is a proper way to go. Better than slowly fading away in agony.

Just be sure that you keep the tape of that phone conversation so your wife or kids can sue the doctor for malpractice when you do die from a heart attack :-)

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

The "good pumping action" bit probably wasn't anything to do with heart function.

Reply to
Ian Field

I had a heart attack in 1998, and had a stent inserted. They opined then that it was probably due my having Scarlet Fever as a child, scarring (fortunately) just one artery on the heart. ...Jim Thompson

No, they are all version 666.

Michael A. Terrell

Aha! Larkin replications ;-) ...Jim Thompson

did

hat

ic

That was the point I was making. I was around when Stanford_R._Ovshinsky first came to prominence with his non-volatile RAM "product", and read the sceptical reports in the trade journals.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

First you try to insult me by saying my Ovonics post "doesn't have much to do with electronics design" and now you claim you knew the Ovshinsky stuff was electronic from the first.

That makes you an idiot or a liar. Doesn't matter which.

--

John Larkin, President       Highland Technology Inc

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

Could be Alzheimer's.

Reply to
krw

That would imply his mind was actually functional at some point in time.

Michael A. Terrell