OT: I'm sorry to report...

[snip]

Clearly not... a number of other posters are now suggesting that Larkin knock it off. But he won't. He's mentally ill and has a "cluck" stuck in his throat ;-) ...Jim Thompson

Glad to know that, Jim.

                                       (Richard Feynman)
Reply to
Fred Abse

In the photo he posted last year - his head's like a 10W bulb.

Reply to
Ian Field

What's your basis for making such a stupid statement?

I often work to pull threads back on topic. You post almost nothing on topic.

work.

on the >origins of circuits and the mental processes of design. You wouldn't be interested.

So, do you have Jim's two books on analog design? What do you think of them?

It's obviously not working, since all you still do is cluck and whine.

--

John Larkin, President
Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

vessels.

quoted text -

In other words, you can't design a good zero-crossing circuit.

--

John Larkin, President
Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

[snip]

You're so mentally ill and/or defective that you don't even recognize your own repetitious BS. ...Jim Thompson

Heart failure might be painful but its also too quick an merciful.

There's plenty other ways you can croak slow and painful.

Reply to
Ian Field

You don't get it. You just did it again.

I point it out when either of you act like old hens. If you'd quit it, and discuss electronics, I'd have nothing to complain about.

If you're a Master Circuit Designer, and a linear IC designer, how come you've nothing to say about the effects of pushing current into ESD diodes? Or any of the multiple other technical threads that you contribute nothing to?

How about a better AC line zero-cross detector? You sure whined a lot about mine.

I teach you how to drink beer, TO DRINK BEER, and this is the thanks I get.

--

John Larkin, President
Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

Really?

The thread "Cruise ships" which you opened on January 14, was about the wreck of the Costa Cordia, and seems to represent your desire to boast about being richer enough to have travelled on the QE2. No relationship to electronics design at all.

The thread "the end of Ovonics, at last?" which you started on February 14, doesn't have much to do with electronics design either. Stanford Ovshinsky liked to peddle his daft ideas all over, but I've never designed in anything that came from any of his companies, and I couldn't point to anybody who had.

"Analog Devices =3D=3D> downhill" which you started yesterday, seems to be designed to sabotage Analog Devices stock market valuation rather raise any questions about electronic design - if they did go to the wall they've got enough of a product portfolio that Texas Instruments would take them over and keep on churning out the parts.

Pull the other leg. That's a spectacularly weak justification for posting off-topic nonsense, even for you.

Not would any cognitive psychologist - not because the question isn't interesting, but because cognitive psychology is still a long way short of being able to say anything useful about high level cognitive processing. It's trying to run when you haven't yet mastered crawling.

You complain about stuff everybody else posts - it's either boring or insulting - but get shirty when we complain about the rubbish you post.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

I have actually. But such effects are chip-specific, so can't be generalized. On occasion I have to design (a chip function) for current in the ESD diodes, but (as I've said repeatedly here) I don't recommend it.

You're one sick puppy. ...Jim Thompson

It's a while since I did a treadmill test - actually on an instrumented exercise bike, which is cheaper, and every Dutch patient can cycle - but it really didn't work me particularly hard. I pedal harder when I cycle down town to do the shopping (there's not a lot of car parking in the middle of Nijmegen and it fills up early on days when the open markets are in business).

Anybody who has ever done "circuit training" shouldn't have a problem

It is designed to push you heart rate up to about 60% of maximum and keep it there for about twenty minutes - where "maximum" is usually defined as 220 beats per minute, minus your age in years.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

--- There you go again with that passé "whining" attempt to insinuate derogatory behavior.

You say: "design a better zero-crossing circuit. If you can.", so you've thrown down the gauntlet.

The problem with accepting your challenge is that you've already proved that you're not an honorable man and you'll refuse to admit that any design is superior to yours, even when the evidence that proves yours to be inferior is incontrovertible.

Your purpose, of course, as is any misanthrope's, is to exalt yourself using any means possible and, ultimately, to bring the world to its knees, before you, begging for salvation.

-- JF

Reply to
John Fields

Heart *failure* is one of the slow ones. The heart slowly weakens, becomes less able to do the required work, and you feel increasingly lousy.

Cardiac arrest is the quick one. Also ventricular fibrillation.

But good for you that you're going to afflict us for a little while longer...

--
Next Friday will not be your lucky day.  As a matter of fact, you don't
have a lucky day this year.

It costs more to have both. Pick one. It doesn't matter.

Reply to
krw

Inferior to what? The thing JT won't design? The thing you can't design?

Gosh, I never thought of that. It does sound nice.

--

John Larkin, President
Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

And you're not even a grain of wheat, but you love to stir up arguments.

Michael A. Terrell

quoted text -

I rather enjoy many of the OT posts, it's just the personal attacks that continue on and on and on and........ Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Well, when I'm not telling you what a useless idiot you are. But that doesn't take many words.

I didn't boast about being rich. I wasn't rich at the time. I just wanted to take a lady to France.

Coulda fooled me. Most of the history of Ovonics was NV-RAM-related.

--

John Larkin, President       Highland Technology Inc

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

It's not stupid at all, it's factual and is based on the remarks you
made on the "RIP Bob Pease" thread some time ago.
Reply to
John Fields

--
Physician, heal thyself.