Undergrad project-8051 specifications

Hi all. I'm an undergrad student doing a year long project on designing an 8051

variant for FPGA. We're required to decide upon the specifications, by targeting any particular application. I'd be really thankful for any suggestions for the applications.... Could someone guide me to sites that offer a comparison, & applications of available 8051 cores?

thanx in advance

Reply to
Neha

Please check in Wikipedia or do a web search on "cross posting", and pay close attention to the difference between cross posting (which you did not do between this group and comp.arch.fpga) and "multiple posting" (which you did).

Cross-posting is socially acceptable in many circumstances. You get to do multiple posting once, as a very new newbie.

--

Tim Wescott, occasional net cop
Wescott Design Services

Tim Wescott