OT, heavy thoughts

Thrung ;-) ...Jim Thompson

Threw up.

Michael A. Terrell

He's German. Minor, forgivable, linguistic eccentricity.

At least he didn't say:

"Somebody a tiny parcel to me throwed."

                                       (Richard Feynman)
Reply to
Fred Abse

Only in WV ;-)

                                       (Richard Feynman)
Reply to
Fred Abse

Or slung ;-) ...Jim Thompson

Threwed in AL. ;-)

Reply to
krw

As in 'Who slung Dung' (AKA dimmie)

Of course in WV it would be 'Who done slung dung...' ;-)

Michael A. Terrell

"And it is that word 'hummy,' my darlings, that marks the first place in The House at Pooh Corner at which Tonstant Weader fwowed up".

-- Dorothy Parker (as the Constant Reader in her _New Yorker_ review of _The House at Pooh Corner_).

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

No wonder. They even put grits on pizza in AL. :(

Michael A. Terrell

Now, now! Be nice!

If an Ohio car came over to Huntington and was involved in an accident it was SOP to request police impoundment because Ohioan's were known to be shiftless skunks with no insurance ;-) ...Jim Thompson

Dorothy Parker took herself _way_ too seriously.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510
845-480-2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

And? I was never on the east side of Ohio.

Michael A. Terrell

Just tweaking you under the chin ;-) ...Jim Thompson

Both sides of the state line are in Appalachia, the poorest part of the United states, and crooked Sheriffs weren't unheard of. I left Eastern Kentucky at age two. I never drove when the family visited our relatives after that. I was 13 the last time we went, and that was to my grandmother's funeral.

Michael A. Terrell

My wife would likely eat it (she's a Texan).

Reply to
krw

Grits is sublime, done right.

ftp://jjlarkin.lmi.net/food/Fried_Grits.JPG

--

John Larkin, President
Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

I'd rather eat sandpaper.

Reply to
krw

I had a roll of loaded vinyl mat radiation shielding. Looked like it weighed a couple pounds. Very difficult to approach the fact it weighed

50-60 pounds.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

Or a small bag of Quickcrete. It would be eaiser to digest.

Michael A. Terrell

What's hard to digest about soft, cooked corn meal? Even fried grits is soft inside. Buttered toast is harder to digest.

--

John Larkin, President       Highland Technology Inc

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links