OT: Google Link Popularity

Hey, show us your link!

John

Is it just me or has link popularity run amuck on Google. If you aren't linked by 1,000,000 sites, you are buried despite other SE optimization? Its like an index of indices now.

In that regard, I run a small electronic assembly company. Any independant designers, etc., interested in link exchanges to combat the trend?

Reply to
Brian

Well, at the risk of being accused of pandering, here's mine:

Hey, everybody, show us your links!

John

Sort of; "you show me your link and I'll show you mine"?

--
  Keith
Reply to

Its

No pages of my own, but is as close as I can get:

  Keith
Reply to
keith

Conveniently in my signature.

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar

Well, not exactly 1,000,000. Couple hundreds would do nicely. It's a pretty clever idea, if you think about it: Google cannot possibly know if your site is worth showing to their searchers. But if couple hundred people have decided to link to you, then it would imply that there is at least something interesting there. So you go up in the listing.

There is a NG on the subject: alt.internet.search-engines if you are interested. There is also a Web interface to it here:

Dmitri Abaimov, RCDD
http://www.cabling-design.com
premises cabling users and pros
Residential Cabling Guide
-------------------------------------

http://www.cabling-design.com/forums

sci.electronics.design - 12386 messages and counting!

Dmitri(Cabling-Design.com

"John Larkin" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

I wasn't trying to SPAM, honest!

My link is

We specialize in lower volume electronic manufacturing, new companies , "low-tech", etc., and go thru medium volume mixed technology.

I'd like to trade links with US designers. While we do some design work, it is more oriented toward small projects to support manufacturing so I don't think we'd be competing directly with design firms.

Brian

Reply to
Brian

The Consensus link below has always had a pretty high ranking for keywords. No idea how many links to it though.

--
Dirk

The Consensus:-
http://www.theconsensus.org