G Link??

Can anybody explain to me about G Link Wireless facility used for some DVD Recorders. I understand that i-link is IEEE1394 fire wire connection. And there are G Link and V Link nodes for wireless but further information on G Link is beyound my understanding. I googled and tried in wikipedia, but no clues on it! Regards

Reply to
Myauk

Can anybody explain to me about G Link Wireless facility used for some DVD Recorders? I understand that i-link is IEEE1394 fire wire connection. And there are G Link and V Link nodes for wireless but further information on G Link is beyound my understanding. I googled and tried in wikipedia, but no clues on it! Regards

Reply to
Myauk

What a clever puzzle! We all give up.

What DVD recorder are you discussing? Manufacturer? Model number? What doesn't work that you think should work? Etc....

Reply to
webpa

I am not sure, it is also called IR Blaster or IR remote transmitting device. Check this out, the recorder 7300H has G-Link Out at it's back lower corner! Regards

Reply to
Myauk

I am not sure, it is also called IR Blaster or IR remote transmitting device. Check this out, the recorder 7300H has G-Link Out at it's back lower corner!

Regards

Reply to
Myauk

It said the TV Guide Link at here:

Myauk

You really need to try Google. Search for: G-Link "tv guide" < 10 min. Many more links. Seems to use Guide+

Captain Midnight

I know that it has something to do with Guide plus EPG but still I just could not trace the technical details about it. What I mean it I can get technical details for USB, HDMI, etc but I have not find anything with G Link! Regards

Reply to
Myauk

Appeared to me to be a system to send Guide+ in the OTA signal of DTV. Since it seemed to be in Europe I didn't bother to read farther. If you need to know more try more of the links from googling the words given previously. My curiosity has been satisfied.

Reply to
Captain Midnight