OT: Genrad descendant?

Sorry about the off-topic post.

But, in case anyone else thought that General Radio made great equipment, I thought I'd mention that I recently found out about a company (IET Labs) that says they manufacture their equipment "in the Genrad tradition".

A link to their homepage is on my website, at:

Actually, they contacted ME, because they wanted me to put a link to their site on a webpage that I have, that has my free plans for a very simple decade resistor box, from years ago. And they make decade resistance, capacitance, and inductance boxes; apparently very good ones.

Just FYI. I'd also be interested in hearing any opinions about how anyone thinks they might compare to the old Genrad or General Radio stuff.

Regards,

Tom Gootee

tomg at fullnet dot com

Reply to
tomg

Don't know but I've got $6.

Where's the list of the other five blokes who will suck my c*ck for a dollar?

DNA

Reply to
Genome

"Good one" (but... ouch!).

They contacted me, out of the blue, and asked me to put up a link to their page. I respected Genrad/General Radio. So I did. (And note that none of my webpages have any other company's advertising.) I thought maybe some other people would be interested in the Genrad connection, too, and, also, I just felt like trying to help get them a few more page-hits. They seem like good guys. (But, as always, people can "take it or leave it", at their own discretion.) [Of course, I did plot the route to go through my website, for potential personal financial gain; hopefully more than the dollar YOU paid me. Worst week of my life.]

But, about that list: I could tell you where I think it MIGHT be.

;-)

Cheers,

Tom

Reply to
tomg

You mean you 'are' HEAD pimp but you want a few dollars more?

Bonus.... I lied about the $6, I might have some more }:-)~~~

DNA

Reply to
Genome

Sadly, the GR 1685 Digital impedance meter I scrapped early this year was the most unreliable piece of equipment I've ever owned. Had to repair the electronics at least a dozen times. Service manual is worn out. Kept it going as when working it was a really nice piece of kit. john

Reply to
John Jardine.

No! DAMN it!! You FORGOT about my %$#^% booze and cigarettes!! AGAIN!!!

I feel so hurt! I thought we had something that was "special"!

Love,

Tom

Reply to
tomg

Are you saying we have done business before....?

Do I still owe you money for services rendered or do I still owe you beer and baccy for payments received or some wicked combination thereof?

Love... hmm, get over it.

I don't think we've been there yet.

I'm worried now, is this some question about paternity?

DNA

PS, how do I set up that paypal account for keeping the thread alive?

Reply to
Genome

Ahh, I knew my brane was not addled.

Much better......