(Off topic) Cyberwar question

Hello,

One of my internet providers has blocked my broadband adsl internet connection for over a 2 months now. They still steal money from my bank account and they still hold the adsl line hostage, so I can switch over to another ADSL internet provider. I could switch over to a (tv) cable internet provider, however these are more expensive and only few providers available because of mergers.

I am not happy about all this:

  1. Blocked internet access.
  2. Vastly reduced internet provider choice.
  3. They stealing money and providing no service for it in return.
  4. They received false complaints, they were too lazy to do proper research, and now they accuse me of things I did not do, and even if I did do it, it's not serious enough to disconnect anybody for 2 months. What are they, internet police ? I don't think so ?!

The question is what to do about it ? I can see 4 options:

  1. Switch to a more expensive (tv) cable internet provider.
  2. Sue the ADSL internet provider.
  3. Start a cyberwar against the ADSL internet provider. It's the Italian Internet Provider (Tiscali). However I live in the Netherlands where they are also present !
  4. Stick with the current dial-up internet provider.

Here is what I have to say about the options:

  1. I don't really want to switch to a more expensive (tv) cable internet provider, since it's more expensive, and they also have the same kind of contracts, so they may also disconnect me for no reason at all ! Most internet providers have some lines in their contracts which say: "We have the right to disconnect you at any time !". Ridicilous I say ! That's dangerous ! People might have internet telephone, and then they can't call the help services in case of fire or injury or other dangerous situations ! Furthermore internet is becoming more and more important, just disconnecting people for no reason or bullshit reasons should not be allowed anymore ! Internet has become to important to just let some internet provider mess it all up !

  1. The law in the Netherlands even states that disconnecting equipment from open communication networks without valid reason is a crime. However the goverment does little against it. It's a new law. Furthermore, most lawyers and judges know little about internet and it's technology, the same can be said for the police, they know little about it all, they are mostly busy catching street criminals and such. Going to the police at least in my neighbourhood is useless. Same can be said for the lawyers. However I am still waiting for the lawyers response... they still have to make up their minds. Gje. It's only been

2 months... Gje.

  1. So that brings me to option three. Cyberwar ! We could start a cyberwar against such ISP's like Tiscali and block their networks from our webservers, websites and homepages. They don't provide me, and us, with services then we don't provide anymore of our services to them ! So their networks will become less valuable ! At some point if enough people take part in the cyberwar, their users will switch, because they can no longer access any websites. It's mean, it's not nice, but the ISP is doing it already ! Should we do they same back at them ?

That's my question really:

Who is willing to start or support a Cyberwar against these kinds of Evil ISP's ? and maybe you have some ideas about such a war yourself ? we can discuss those.

You can also reply via e-mail at: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

If we do start a cyberwar maybe we will become anonymous to protect ourselves somewhat.

I can be short about option four, it's working, but it ain't great. Me not too happy about it. I was lucky I still have an old computer, with an old 33k6 modem which is still supported by Windows 98. I can forget about windows xp, it doesn't support it, as well as other older phone/fax/data modems

Reply to
Skybuck

Were you a bad boy ?:-) What did you do?

Can't you go to your bank and void the automatic withdrawal?

I can stop ANY automatic withdrawal, from ANY company. If they feel they have a contractual right to your money, they can file suit, but not take it directly.

Is your provider also the phone company that owns the line? If not, they can't hold the line "hostage".

At least not in the USA... but you're in one of those more-free-than-the-USA countries... enjoy ;-)

[snip]

...Jim Thompson

Update:

  1. I will prepare all evidence and I will ask a Dutch "Telecommunication watch dog" (called OPTA in short) to study my case.

(Posting from secondary google account)

(By the way, google is violating my privacy by using my hotmail e-mail address as a login name. I need to type in the google password by I constantly type in the hotmail password by mistake !!!)

(Hotmail should sue Google for using/requiring Hotmail's e-mail address as a sign-in name ! ;))

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck The Destroyer

They can require anything they want. Its up to you to decide not to use or abuse their services becasue they own them, and they set the rules.. The bar down the street can't tell people its ok to use your restroom, but it doesn't stop the drunks from pissing on your house like an ignorant troll who tries to piss on every newsgroup they pass.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

He probably trolled a newsgroup the manager hangs out on. ;-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

You don't need to use your hotmail address, any email address will do.

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
jasen

your

like

HowEver: The whip teaches!

From personal experience a run of electric fence (commercial, approved unit, of course) along where the drunks usually relieve themselves works wonders in solving that problem in a swift, effective and summary manner. Keeps The Dog in too!

The only sad part is that, while the fence is OK since it is legally signposted e.t.c. (although the signs are "unfortunately" invisible in the dark), adding a camera to the setup would be illegal.

Reply to
Frithiof Andreas Jensen

Yeah, and you're not allowed to use one leg of a 480 VAC three phase

400 amp feed like the idiot in a hot strip at a steel mill years ago. The guy who pissed on it could be heard a half mile away, over all the machinery, before he passed out and let go of the conduit that was grounding him.
prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida