OT: Funny?

,?

??re

What do you expect, from Slomanesque politicians? Rational thought? Anyt hing approaching reality? I certainly don't expect anything to be done corr ectly by any morons in high offices.

Some places used large diesel powered generators, exclusively. Ft. Greel y Alaska did, until they installed a small nuke. When it was decommissioned , they went back to the old generators. The most or all of White Alice netw ork used Diesel power since the sites were far from any grid. I'm sure that the DEW line did, as well. These were in the high KW to maybe 20 MW power plants. They simply paralleled more generators, as needed. This caused a lo t of problems at Ft. Greely. Individual plants added or shut down generator s without warning, so that small regional grid was unstable. Line voltage a nd frequency variations made running a TV station a real PITA.

One of the men in my company inspected and unloaded the tankers of diesel a nd aircraft fuel at Ft. Greely. They did their best to have every undergrou nd tank full, in the winter. It not only provided electricity, but powered the pumps for our water wells and generated steam to heat the buildings.

Reply to
Michael Terrell

You've lost me there. Who is "condoning" what?

I'm saying there is no point in yelling at a tree for making so much shade. Some posters here have no ability to usefully contribute, rather every po st they make is a NOOP, occupying space and wasting time. I see no value i n responding in any way, shape or form.

There is nothing "dangerous" about the impotent rantings of this guy. lol That's the whole point.

Whatever. If you can't see that, I'm pretty sure explaining it in more det ail is not of much value. You and I must have very different perceptions o f the loon. I see him like some guy in a sandwich board on the street corn er ranting that the "eNd Is nIGh!" I don't often try to talk to someone li ke that either.

--

  Rick C.

  ++ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
  ++ Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
Reply to
Ricketty C

Really? You think anything you say gets past his wall of denial?

I'm impressed that you see this.

--

  Rick C.

  --- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
  --- Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
Reply to
Ricketty C

nt,?

?re

ing approaching reality?

It's what I would expect from anybody I was willing to vote for. I'd be a b it surprised if Michael Terrell could recognise a rational reaction if he s aw one, but since he thinks Fox News is dangerously liberal there's not muc h chance of that.

igh offices.

So Michael has finally noticed that Donald Trump hasn't coped with the Covi d-19 epidemic all that well. People in high office in some other countries do seem to have encouraged more effective reactions, although there are som e 18 countries that have done just as badly as the US. Few of them have bee n silly enough to say that they think that it is just going to go away. Tru mp seems to think that all the American deaths from Covid-19 are just some kind of hoax been spread to damage his chances of of winning re-election, a nd that the 235,159 dead Americans killed by Covid-19 will all spring out of their graves as soon as the election is decided.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to