funny thing

What are they supposed to do about all those dollar bills that say "In God We Trust"?

John

You'd think they'd have rather more serious things to worry about...

Jeroen Belleman

Reply to
Jeroen

"John Larkin" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

I'll alert the US mint .

They have a lot of re stamping to do. Funny thing they keep releasing new coins with "In God we trust"

I wouldn't want to use a coin that has someone else's God printed on it, how icky ;D

Martin Riddle

That's OK because it doesn't specify a particular god. We atheists don't mind - it makes us feel superior because we don't trust nobody, nowhere, nohow.

-- Joe

Reply to
J.A. Legris

It may be offensive to people who believe in more than one god. Perhaps it should be "In God(s) We Trust"?

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

With the mandatory disclaimer "...all others pay cash."

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Change it to 'In greed we trust'?

-- Failure does not prove something is impossible, failure simply indicates you are not using the right tools... nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)

Nico Coesel

I like the line

JESUS SAVES

but Moses invests.

John

Replace them with money backed by something other than good intentions and references to some mythical god?

Reply to
WangoTango

Jesus saves, but Esposito scores from the rebound.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

You trust cash?

Reply to
krw

You know what they say about a turd^H^H^H^Hbird in the hand?

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

No, what's that? All other choices are worse?

Reply to
krw

2G1C is definitely worse!
Reply to
Dennis

Jon

Reply to
Jon Kirwan

The FED must read this newsgroup ;)

Martin Riddle

Somehow, I doubt it. For one thing, Larkin posted this lark here at about 1PM pacific time. The "Feds Back Down" story appeared on koco.com at 1PM central time, or 11AM pacific time.

In short, all was said and done and a story written and published on the web two hours before the prodigal Larkin had a chance to start yet another wayward thread here.

Short-lived ego boost, that.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Kirwan

There ought to be a law!

John

He meant that a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. Cash now is better than a promise of cash later.

mike

Reply to
m II

'Cash' is dead and buried. His wife, too. :(

--
For the last time:  I am not a mad scientist, I'm just a very ticked off
scientist!!!