Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Isn't that the one to Hogwart's?

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Was 7 1/2 the number in Being John Malkovich, or was that like 13 or 13 1/2?

Tim

--
Deep Fryer: a very philosophical monk.
Tim Williams

"Being John Malkovich": Lester Corp. on the 7-1/2 floor of the Mertin Flemmer building, 610 11th Ave. "Short statured file clerk with unusually nimble and dextrous fingers needed for speed filing." (Use the crowbar in the elevator.)

Whoosh!

Reply to
xray

Yes, it was the 7 1/2 floor. John Cusak played the loser filing clerk.

Martine Riddle

Murphy's.

;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

I think, in this case, it's "should not invite him", since "him" is the object of the verb "invite". "who is without sin" is still OK, however, since it's a subordinate clause modifying "him" (the object of the verb.)

Like, it should be "Let him cast the first stone". If you want to be more specific about "him", it would be "who has not sinned."

Now, if you're taling about "none so blind as he who will not see", then it's "he", since "as" is a conjunction, i.e., "none so blind as he (who will not see) is blind."

My Mom (RIP) taught me this stuff many, many years ago, which is why I got A's in school, until they got to the hard stuff. ;-P

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

It was synchronicity, Michael. The Universe was trying to tell you how important you are to it.

The appropriate response, of course, would have been to board all four eleveators simultaneously.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise, Plainclothes Hippi

They were already there. That's where they go on standby, when there's no usage for awhile. That's where the firmware leaves them set, because it's easier on the seals.

When you arrived, the individual PIR or radar or sonar sensor (that each elevator door has one of) energized, saying to its controller, "Potential Passenger", and each responded in kind by opening its door and offering its services to you, since the car happened to be available on that floor.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise, Plainclothes Hippi

OK, then, that pretty much verifies it. It was synchronicity. The Universe is really, really trying to give you an easy path. What you really need to do is investigate what obstacles you have been presenting to yourself.

You might try here:

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise, Plainclothes Hippi

Rich,

Thanks for taking the time to discuss grammar. You might be correct. However, I wanted the portions of the two original quotations to be more-recognizable; i.e. with their familiar wording. And it might just be correct that the entire phrase "he who is without sin" can be the object of the verb "invite". (Also: My "ear" is pretty good, too. And I *really* don't like the sound of "... him who is without sin".) See revised sig, farther below.

You were lucky to have a Mom who did that for you. I did, too, actually. I also had four older sisters whom she trained (in more ways than just "grammarianliness"), possibly even somewhat more rigorously than she trained me, since she was probably getting weary, by then. In my case, then, it was often like having *five* Moms, with the younger four moms having more energy, but maybe a bit less patience and kindness, and, obviously but often unfortunately, greater numbers. Let's put it this way: I learned well, and quickly, that I had better learn well, and quickly.

I sure was glad, when my brother was born.

Cheers!

- Tom Gootee

"He who lives in a glass house" should not invite "he who is without sin."

Reply to
tomg

Busting for a leak and the gents is 4 floors down will guarantee it

David

Rich Grise wrote:

Reply to
quietguy