Detect failure in Berlekamp algorithm

Hi all,

I have implanted a complete Reed Solomon decoder.

I used the Berlekamp-Massey algorithm but I don't know how to detect a failure e.g. e>t e : error and t is the capacity of correction

I have t+1 values of the error locator polynomial (elp) so his degree is t

But if I have t+1 errors, the degree of the elp is t+1 so t+2 values but I have only t+1 blocks to compute the elp !!!

How to do to detect failure ?

Thanks

Reply to
patrick.melet