c-

il

ich

ith

ername or

t have

y again.

chase.

just picked up an email from Scott Douglas, one of the Adminstrators of emc-pstc gorup, that you were now registered and he's awaiting a confrimation from you [I think]

Did you try posting [send an email to emc-pstc@ .... ] ?

Reply to
Robert Macy

else

Still dead in water despite "accepted" status. Got following

** QUOTE **

You are not authorized to send mail to the EMC-PSTC list from your snipped-for-privacy@OIL4LESSLLC.COM account. You might be authorized to post to the list from another account, or perhaps when using another mail program configured to use a different email address. However, LISTSERV has no way to associate this other account or address with yours. If you need assistance or if you have any questions regarding the policy of the EMC-PSTC list, please contact the list owners at snipped-for-privacy@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG.

** END QUOTE ** What follows is a copy of acceptance ** QUOTE **

Welcome to IEEE Product Compliance Forum. You are now an approved member of this group. Please keep this email for future reference.

IEEE Product Compliance Forum:

Manage your groups at:

This email is sent from

Please do not reply to this email.

** END QUOTE **

So now what??

Reply to
Robert Baer

else

resistors

again.

Yes; rejected. See other recent response for full quotes.

Reply to
Robert Baer

:

, and what else

at resistors

le

c-

il

ich

ith

ername or

t have

y again.

chase.

C-PSTC =A0list

f =A0you

of

I asked you to send me your email address. You did not. To expedite, I used the one shown on this Usenet Group. Scott registered you using that email address. Now, you MUST use that email address to post.

If you wish to 'start over' and register EXACTLY the way you plan to use the account, send me your email address and I will forward it to Scott. Or, better yet, send an email directly to Scott using the 'accepted' email return address asking him to register you under your oil4lessllc.com account.

Reply to
Robert Macy

else

resistors

again.

OK; here is an exact copy/paste of IEEE message:

*** QUOTE *** Subject: You are now a member of IEEE Product Compliance Forum From: "IEEE On-line Communities" Date: Thu, February 23, 2012 6:40 pm To: snipped-for-privacy@oil4lessllc.com Priority: Normal

Welcome to IEEE Product Compliance Forum. You are now an approved member of this group. Please keep this email for future reference.

IEEE Product Compliance Forum:

Manage your groups at:

This email is sent from

Please do not reply to this email.

*** END QUOTE ***

Be advised that despite whitelisting them, all of their messages wind up in the "suspect spam" box. And as i have indicated before,postings get rejected (rejection notice winds up in same Suspected Spam folder).

Reply to
Robert Baer

else

resistors

again.

I do not know what is going on or why; i am getting e-mails in my personal account (which you see here) from SPES. Yes, when i registered i believe i gave personal e-mail address because that was "required" but i thought i gave the corporate e-mail address - "proven" by the reception of acceptance sent to corporate e-mail address.

The CE query is for corporate and all should be on that side, and nil on personal. Would be nice to see only responses related to CE registration, requirements and not dozens of other non-related postings (makes inbox look like it is filled with spam).

Reply to
Robert Baer

:

nce

have, and what else

me that resistors

hole

emc-

mail

ou

you

which

with

username or

not have

try again.

nd

nd/or chase.

=A0EMC-PSTC =A0list

te

r if =A0you

act

er of

nil

I don't know. I've not received spam sourced by this group yet. I have from Yahoo sponsored groups though.

I'll forward your original posting to my colleague in England, John Woodgate. He is involved in creating these standards and in the emc group is a source of wisdom, with a view from 'inside' the EC.

Reply to
Robert Macy

what else

resistors

or

again.

chase.

Not "spam" as in the ordinary definition; what i mean is ALL of the chatter NOT related to my rejected posting. It takes at least 30 minutes to wade thru all of that undesirable e-mail. Yes, i saw that response by Mr Woodgate and one other (forgot). Someone else here responded to the NG:

** QUOTE ** Here is an accurate and succinct explanation why CE markings are inapplicable to electronic components:

** WEND QUOTE ** That PDF indicates what i suspected, that components are not covered and so must NOT have the CE mark associated with it.
Reply to
Robert Baer

Thanks all for the comments and support. The end is: Passives do Not require CE.

Reply to
Robert Baer