OT: Dell Ultra Sharp 24" any good?

Anyone using this monitor?

I read some conflicting reviews. But overall positive, and the price is almost about right.

Martin Riddle

Its an S-PVA screen. Gets decent reviews as a general monitor less so for dedicated colour matched imaging. See for example:

I haven't used that particular Dell model but I chose the HP 2475W with an H-IPS screen which is a little more expensive but gives very accurate colour when calibrated.

What are you planning to use it for? If it not for accurate colour matched photography or imaging then either would probably be OK.

Some people seem to get headaches from using monitors with extended colour gamut so reviews can be mixed. This isn't surprising since out of the box my new monitor was set to brightness and contrast levels that would burn a hole through the back of your head. They are by default set to have the picture look OK in a shop window in full sunshine.

Regards, Martin Brown

Reply to
Martin Brown

Well I wanted to upgrade my syncmaster 700IFT to something larger. I do do E6 slide scanning from time to time and rather have a color calibrated monitor. TN's had been notorious for poor/difficult color adjustments. That?s why I had a question on the PVA. I'll look into the HP, perhaps that would be a better choice.

Martin Riddle

The Samsung 23" hi res at 2048 x 1152, and it is only $200 at Fry's.

Well, it was $200 on sale last week. Now, it is $219.

Also. ANY modern LCD display that has calibration software with it, will calibrate pretty accurately.

The old myth that only the Apple displays would be correct was as lame as the one about Apple's being superior as computers.

Reply to
lurch

the=20

Geez. Do you always talk to your self in public?

--=20 Transmitted with recycled bits.

Reply to
JosephKK