Any good magazines for Electronics?

I'd like to get a subscription to a good magazine, but not sure as to what's out there. I tried QST for a while, but got bored with it. I'm looking for something with tech how-to, projects, etc...especially projects, RF and otherwise. Anything out there worth the price of subscriptions?

Thanks, GW

Reply to
hk538

Yes, "makezine" looks good, though somewhat expensive. Their site is at MakeZine.com. The physical magazine comes out 4 times a year and has quite a few pages.

Reply to
jandoroad

I always liked Nuts & Volts, don't know if they're around anymore.

JazzMan

--

********************************************************** Please reply to jsavage"at"airmail.net. Curse those darned bulk e-mailers! ********************************************************** "Rats and roaches live by competition under the laws of supply and demand. It is the privilege of human beings to live under the laws of justice and mercy." - Wendell Berry **********************************************************
Reply to

They are still in business, available in print and on-line versions. Their web site is

jfeng

Circuit Cellar Servo Nuts & Volts Makezine

ttyl,

--buddy

Reply to
Buddy Smith

In addition to Nuts & Volts and the other magazines suggested, don't forget our friends in England (Everyday Practical Electronics, or EPE) and Australia (Silicon Chip Magazine). Both have foreign subscriptions available for a nominal surcharge, and also have on-line versions of their magazines.

If you're concerned about money, you also might want to try stopping at the local library and looking up back issues of Radio-Electronics and Popular Electronics. Great stuff, much of it as relevant today as the day it was written, and you can't beat the price. If you're doing projects from old magazines, make sure to check parts availability before you start.

Good luck Chris

Reply to
Chris

And how! Last month I scored a whole box full of '80s and '70s issues of such mags at a library sale.

Reply to
Matt J. McCullar

Have a look on ebay - there are always people selling old magazines extremely cheaply, often in bulk.

--
http://www.petersparrots.com    http://www.insanevideoclips.com
http://www.petersphotos.com

Why do blondes have more fun?