out

co2_...

or

e CO2.

o be

l to

the

ut

Not true. Most of the profits are being plowed back into growth. It's an oligarchy, and the members of the ruling elite do do well, but they aren't stealing enough to slow down the expansion of the economy, as Franco's mob did in Spain.

A level of sensitivity that the American right wing has yet to develop.

The Chinese ruling class to see that they have a lot to gain if China's economy becomes even larger and more productive. Better infra- structure, and a contented and progressively better educated work- force are both necessary to keep the economy growing. They don't have to care about their work force to see an advantage in treating them well, any more than a cattle farmer has to love his cows to see the advantage in feeding and housing them properly.

In fact the Chinese ruling class is reputed to be deeply worried by the Arab Spring. Some of them want to reduce the influence of western ideas, but since the economy is growing because it is becoming more westernised, they've got a problem.

A not uncommon phenomenon. They do have a habit of shooting anybody who gets too greedy. In the US that kind of figure gets to run for president.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

ote:

ctly and quickly

nd oceanic

ow much higher

hoot is

n ice shelf.

ne-siberia-clim...

ay be able to

m seem to

to the air

tween).

the near term

have

casional

an take a

the

move

ut

o2_...

or

CO2.

be

the

n a

2

It's not my behaviour. I haven't been able to vote in an Australian election for about thirty years now.

How would James Arthur know? He hasn't got a mind to blow, merely a pre-programmed set of support-the-Repulibans routines.

Where are the numbers, James? The US is emitting 25% of all the CO2 going into the atmosphere. The stuff you want to divert me onto criticising is a mere pin-prick in comparison.

I wonder what kind of selective statistics James will dig up to get around that argument. It's amusing to dissect his idea of "critical thinking".

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to