OT: CPU heatsink "heat pipes"

Oh, I see, the truth gets you all f***ed up does it. So you do the snip thing. When you're finished with the blinders we might actually have something to talk about ya f***in' imperialist asshole. Until then? Fuck off.

--
"ACK",
  Bill D.

" Now just look..... they\'re burning the `Porta-Potties\' "
  ........ OPUS
Reply to
Bill D.

There we go. Twist it again why don't you? Now, Al Qaeda is Afghanistan? or Taliban? or what? Ya thick skulled individual,

*what* did the poor bastards in Guantanamo have to do with 2 planes slamming into the World Trade Center? Why do you insist on putting everyone from that part of the world in the same bag, shake it up and pull out what you want? It was Bin Laden and Al Qaeda, who attacked the US, *not* Afghanistan. Fine, find perps and blow their asses to kingdom come. Your finding them through the process of elimination is really wearing thin.

Your nation if totally paranoid You see Al Qaeda behind every bush. You even have a color coded terrorist threat level for god's sake. Your best friends are now the main source terrorist imports. Everyone is to blame but yourselves. I got kids like that. Your present government fits right in with that mentality.

Read this article from the Washington Post. One of your renowned US newspaper. Shows the shit distributed on one individual. There are lots more like him.

However, to you, I guess this is propaganda too. You're as closed minded as Dubbya.

--
"ACK",
  Bill D.

" Now just look..... they\'re burning the `Porta-Potties\' "
  ........ OPUS
Reply to
Bill D.

I had this question before. Maybe I should put it in the article:

------------------------------------------------------------------ Before I made the vapor cooling I made a "drinking bird" and found ether flows quite well. At first I thought about using water and with its high surface tension I was a little worried that its bubbles might be too rigid to enter or leave the small pipes or such. Also there was a table which listed the height of a liquid column that could be carried by the vapor pressure at a temperature difference of 1 degree C and ether had the highest value with 43 cm

In my design it is important that the vapor pushes the liquid out of the vapor pipe. Lower boiling liquids might do even better, but they might require cooling or pressurization for storage or filling of the thermo syphon.

Ether also has near ambient pressure which causes little mechanical stress and may also reduce the rate of anything leaking in or out.

Bernhard

Reply to
Bernhard Kuemel

You still have not provided a reference where it says that they are not protected, or where it even mentions those 'illegal combatants' of yours. Since YOU are the one defending Gonzales' memo, you should explain your defence of torture.

Geo

Reply to
"GEO" Me

What has the Supreme Court have to do with ' the current adminstration' ? You have problems reading?

Geo

Reply to
"GEO" Me

'the Geneva Convention also explicitly states....'

Changing the subject again? The question was about your comment about 'illegal combatants' not being protected in the Convention?

You wrote: 'You should try reading it because the Geneva Convention also explicitly states what constitutes legal vs illegal combatants and what rights the two enjoy.'

/snip very selected unrelated quotation/

Nothing of what you posted has anything to do with your claim.

The 'exact words'? You first claimed one thing, then another, then you can't even find where it says what you are claiming it says.

You have not been able to present any arguments as to how the link below misrepresents the Gonzales' memo. You are just wasting everybody's time.

Geo

Reply to
"GEO" Me

"Why do they hate us?"

Geo

Reply to
"GEO" Me

/snip/

/snip/

"Why do they hate us?"

Geo

Reply to
"GEO" Me

If a peaceful can democracy can ever be established - and there is a whole lot of doubt about that. The ethnic divisions in Iraq are comparable with those Tito had to deal with in former Yugoslavia, and - while Saddam was no Tito - he's still way ahead of whoever might be in second place.

Since the current occupying force can't keep the oil flowing, the "planned" - or should I say "imagined" - state hasn't got an income, the plan seems to be something straight out of cloud-cuckoo land.

--
Bill Sloman. Nijmegen
Reply to

I was paraphrasing what many Americans were saying after 9/11/2001. If you look at what I wrote you will notice that I clearly said 'the American government'.

If your starting question was a serious one (Tell me GEO what would you have ME do to change that?), I would say that at least bear witness to what is happening without trying to alter the facts to fit a false vision of the world. While there is very little that one single person can do, at least be one of those that do see that most images presented by the media are false. As you said, it all started long before we were born, and while we are not the ones that decided to carpet bomb European cities or to drop nuclear bombs in Japan, we can at least admit that all sides might have something to be blamed for.

How can one get more people to listen? Not easy. Sometimes people don't listen:

Geo

Reply to
"GEO" Me

those

certain

Its REAL easy to criticize a person for saying things out of anger and total disgust. If it were one of your family members in those towers you'd be spewing a different story. maybe you wouldn't go to war or drop a bomb but your story would be coming from the other side of your mouth. That was an act of cowards, plain and simple. Whomever was to blame was simply a coward. Along with suicide bombers. I have no patients for cowards and cheaters.

Um you should try following some of your own preaching, because you do the exact same thing, only because you think you have all the info and answers do you think your justified. I do not have ALL the answers or info, so I do not go off at the mouth defending or criticizing.

While there is very little that one

You already admitted that who your talking to now, are hardly to blame for things happening before their time. Why would I accept blame (or anyone else) for something they didn't do? I don't think its a matter of accepting blame anyhow, its your warped sense of things that Dave and I object to. You spend a lot of time researching what Americans have done, I think you should start in your own backyard.

Yea and your one of them.

Reply to
JAD

Terrible shame the Germans and Japanese didn't complete their atomic bomb programs first.

Reply to
David Maynard

thats the SAME link that you give out to justify your behaviour. Sorry, 1 source of knowlegde does not entitile you to have such a strong opinion. I could care less about gautalamla, chili, contras or other types of distorted 'truths'. I'm interested it whats coming not whats happened.

the

Reply to
JAD

wed

t's

As claimed by a rather biased source.

Even this source admits that it is some four to five times higher than comparable countries in the region, and they don't say how they estimate "Saddam's averages", which seems to include the death tolls from a couple of brief but bloody episodes of civil war, including the gas attacks on the Kurds

And if wishes were horses, beggars would ride. The whole history of the US intervention of Iraq is of unrealistic plans devised on the basis of self-serving "=EFntelligence" provide refugee dissidents from Iraq. Disinterested academic experts don't seem to have been asked for their opinions at any stage. The one that wirte for the Dutch quality newspapers don't hold out much hope for the American-sponsored democracy now under construction. Think a bout Tito's Yugoslavia, which tried to paper over comparable ethnic divisions.

He was a U.S. pet back then. In the U.K. the "Observer" newspaper did keep track of his attrocities - one of their reporters (Farzad Bazoft a British-resident Iraqi national) was hung as a spy in Irak.

They are, but there is a civil war going on, and while the U.N. forces are striving to restore order, they have still got a way to go yet - cross-borderinvolvement is a problem

I can't speak about the Belgians, but while the Dutch have military forces that could be deployed to the Congo for the UN, they are under pressure from the U.S. to provide more support in Afghanistan and Irak. I imagine that Belgium is under the same sort of pressure.

--=20 Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
bill.sloman

Not at all and, a freebie for you, nor do I have problems understanding.

I see you still don't have problems with snipping things out of context either.

Reply to
David Maynard

Which logic would prohit you from fighting the war against international terrorism in our backyard. You weren't interested in the U.K.'s problems when they had trouble with U.S.-funded Irish terrorists. Why should we worry about your problems with Saudi-funded terrorists today? This is a rethorical question, and I do happen to think we should help.

Amen.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
bill.sloman

And the test confirms it's a big bomb that makes an incredibly big boom but, according to the analysis, shelters could survive within 500 feet of it.

Sorry to have snipped everything else but, there was way too much political garbage for me to dig through and besides, I don't understand most of it and care even less. Politics will be politics now and for ever more.

I was involved in the miserable world of NBCW (Nuclear, Biological and Chemical Warfare) for quite some time and feel I should reply to some of the technical errors put forth in this thread. Firstly, To say that the people in charge of the Manhattan project were not aware of the real consequences of a nuclear event is incorrect. They were very well aware, within reason, of the relative efficiency of the Trinity device as well as the shock wave intensity (scaled) thermal wave and radiation. Further, even though they did not have measured data concerning radiation, they knew it would be intense and they were also aware that there would be 3 major types of radioactive maniftestations, Alfa particles, Bata particles and gamma radiation and they had devices to measure it quite accurately after the event. That is why their observation and control bunkers were constructed some 10,000 yards (approx. 6 miles) out from ground zero. Your observation concerning 500 yards, came after the fact, when trying to determine the survivability of an under ground bunker, to an air burst, at a certain distance below ground constructed of certain materials (Sorry, I don't have depth and materials info at my immediate disposal).

One major major difference in the 2 Japanese bombs as one device was a Uranium (U-235) device (the Hiroshima bomb) and the other Plutonium (U-239) device (the Nagasaki bomb).

To say that either of these two devices just gave a large boom is highly incorrect. These devices were actually set to cause maximum damage with minimum radiation. In an air burst there is indeed a tremendous boom but, also, it allows the shock and thermal waves to spread outward unencumbered (like a grenade but substitute shock and thermal waves for fragments). The size of the crater at ground-0 is minimized. In the case of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, nobody *really* considered the possibility of rain in or around the immediate area and hence the death toll due to radiation was much higher that expected. The rain ( 'black rain' ), in some areas around both cities, did not allow the radioactive materials (alfa and beta particles) to disperse properly.

The death toll was indeed very high and most figures agree with the following:

In Hiroshima, of a resident civilian population of 250 000 it was estimated that 45 000 died on the first day and a further 19 000 during the subsequent four months. In Nagasaki, out of a population of 174 000, 22 000 died on the first day and another 17 000 within four months. Unrecorded deaths of military personnel and foreign workers may have added considerably to these figures.

If you still consider it just a big bang, remember the words of: "Oppenheimer who later recalled that the explosion had reminded him of a line from the Hindu holy text, the Bhagavad-Gita: ?Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." "

Hardly appears to be just a big boom.

Reply to
Curmudgeon

Read some of this, and grow a brain.

Geo

Reply to
"GEO" Me

Still have problems reading?

Geo

Reply to
"GEO" Me

added

you

total

but

an

coward.

Go blow yourself up...not innocent people COWARDS .

maybe in your own warped mind

Reply to
JAD