OT: Brussels attacks

With you, maybe? This is normally the way Palestine suicide bombers and rocket launch sites are catered with.

Reply to
Rob

No. But lately we see the phenomenon of the suicide killer who, at the last moment, realizes that they don't want to end their life.

Probably they realize there won't be a heaven with 77 virgins and the mercy of Allah, because there is no Allah (or God), and there is no heaven.

That is a good development, because spreading that news around may be the end of religuous fanatism.

I have no problem with a group of people coming to a central place, meeting and singing a song, as long as they don't focus too much on the old books that were originally the basis for such meetings and then become the basis of fanatism and war.

Reply to
Rob

And my, hasn't that worked wonders. Let me know when peace breaks out - if I'm still alive.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Tulane. They didn't offer any spelling courses in the Engineering school.

If you want to correct peoples spelling for a living, become a primary schoolteacher. Maybe you already are one.

Sexual frustration. Islam is obsessed with sex (or anti-sex) and is polygamous, so rich old farts get the girls and young men get frustrated.

lunatic fringe electronics

It is annoying how many Islamic crazies were educated as engineers. I like to think that they weren't very good engineers. It's good training for building bombs, I guess.

The Arab countries should have welcomed Israel as their bootstrap into the modern world, their path out of poverty. They didn't.

lunatic fringe electronics

I know. Sometimes they bulldoze the house as well. I was just wondering which implication you meant in "...how it works out in practice" ??

From my point of view I think the Israeli's are too lenient... carpet bomb Palestine (a non-legal description) and get it over with. ...Jim Thompson

           The touchstone of liberalism is intolerance

Did it solve the problem?

Why does the USA not use one or a few of its hydrogen bombs when trying to eradicate the dictator they don't like at that moment?

Reply to
Rob

Good idea >:-}

A better idea might be to simply cut off "foreign aid" to our "allies" who sit on their hands. ...Jim Thompson

           The touchstone of liberalism is intolerance

that every time they kill one another ten gets pushed over the edge by desperation and hate

You want indiscriminate killing of Palestine civilians, i.e. a genocide?

you must be insane

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

As far as I can see, so is Christianity - (mostly) excluding the polygamy.

Merkins seem particularly prone to this, where large swathes of the population are agin gummint laws - except in the bedroom where they want more laws.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

They'd probably go up. Once a ... group of people have embraced human sacrifice...

You forget that when the US had the draft, the dominant thinking was "send that boy to Vietnam - straighten him right out."

Vietnam *ended* the concept of the universal citizen soldier because the results were actually then documented. The Powell Doctrine ensued.

--
Les Cargill
Reply to

Den onsdag den 23. marts 2016 kl. 17.51.45 UTC+1 skrev John Larkin:

or maybe it's because those who pull the strings pick engineers as those most like to shave the skill to do it

Here's one that seems to get it, but I'm not sure anyone is listening

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

I don't think there's such a thing as a _civilian_ Palestinian.

Their elementary schools _teach_ hate.

The only solution to such "teachings" is total annihilation.

Burn it to the ground then farm it >:-} ...Jim Thompson

           The touchstone of liberalism is intolerance

It's worth seeing how Japanese culture was hijacked in favor of a militarist Imperial regime.

The Bushido Code doesn't scale into wars with airplanes with bombs and machine guns. It was ... less bad when it was swords and bows on horseback.

See also Uncle Ho. And nobody got that detail right at the time. Incredible.

The standard has been total war since Sherman & Grant.

Not always.

--
Les Cargill
Reply to

Meaning The Troubles? I'd agree.

--
Les Cargill
Reply to

Unlikely. If you have useful skills then they will be put to use - and an engineer would be glad to use their skills - e.g. constructing a bomb. Detonating a bomb is an unskilled task.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

bachelor is to batchelor as dog is to ______

answer: dawg

These are not arcane words....

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

That's an ignorant observation anyway. You might apprise yourself of how fighting was conducted as recently as WW II. The tactics were indisputably suicidal by modern standards. In many of the island campaigns, the USMC was losing 3000, that's kia, daily.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Read the Koran and hadith, then read the New Testament.

Stoned any adulterers or tossed gays off roofs lately?

Don't be an obnoxious ass.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

I have a better riddle for you:

Suppose we inducted all of them into a relative utopia. Whether it's "naturalizing" them here (unlikely to succeed, though), or providing all of their requests, or just giving them day-to-day things like food and money and jobs. Or just truly leave them alone (which is really the main problem, as we poke sticks at everything..).

What do you think would happen?

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC