OT: aortic valve replacement

ast

er

=B4t

ays

But they are the people who are promoting a rational scheme for working out, what does - and doesn't - work.

I wouldn't take decent beer anywhere near a hospital, admirable source of B-vitamins though it is.

Bill Sloman. Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

st

Internet-connected computer at the far end of the ward, so I've got to put in an irreducible quantum of exercise before I can log on. It would qualify as sneaky if there weren't plenty of beds closer to the computer.

Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Sure, and that's great. However, man not only needs to tend to his body but also to his soul. One doesn't work well without the other being kept healthy as well.

Hey, Berenburger ain't no beer :-)

When I was in an army hospital after a kablouie sort of incident me and a submariner snuck out, across a large exercise yard after dark, and into a pub to have a few cold ones. Boy did we get read the riot act later ...

So I take it that not having the Ziekenhuis tagline means you are home? Hooray!

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

least

tter

he

en

=B4t

lly

days

No such luck! I may get home on Monday, but nobody is making any promises.

Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

least

tter

he

en

=B4t

lly

days

Actually, it's only now about to happen. There's still some (non- financial) paper-work to sort out, mainly involving when I come back in for outpatient monitoring (and probably some fiddling with my dose of beta-blocker, which is at the maximum at the moment).

Any time now they will show up with the paper work, and I'll be in a position to negotiate the right moment for my wife to come and whisk me away. Happily, her Mondays are pretty much free of scheduled meetings.

It looks as if I'll end up having spent exactly two weeks in hospital

- not bad for open heart surgery.

Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Two weeks is pretty good. Let's hope the valve holds up well. A friend of ours had one for what seemed like an eternity. He lived to a ripe old age and never had a complication from the valve.