OT: aortic valve replacement

Porcine. At 67 I=B4m old enough that they figure that there is an adequate chance that I=B4ll drop dead before this one wears out.

The new valve is in place and working fine, but the rest of the heart is taking its time to adapting to not having to pump through a

100mm Hg pressure drop across the old aortic valve. My pulse rate climbed about 180bpm over the first few days, which has been controlled with some 300millligram per day of beta-blocker. but the pulse rate is irregular, and I=B4m not up to much.

The operating hospital tried electro-cardio-version on Saturday, when the irregularity first set in, and that worked fine for a couple of hours. The hospital where I=B4ve been looked after since Sunday won=B4t try again until my anti-coagulant drugs are consistently giving clotting time three time the number they first measured, which usually takes about a weeek to set up, so I=B4m stuck in hospital for a few days yet.

Bill Sloman, Canisius Wilhelmina Ziekenhuis Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Still praying for you. Get well soon.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal

email: hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Not uncommon -- hearts get grouchy when you cut them. Inflamed timing circuits. It'll get better.

Best wishes!

James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Sounds like a recipe for weakness and headaches, on top of the after-effects of anesthesia.

Hang in there, Bill. Sixty-seven is the new fifty...

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Good to see you're over the first hurdle, Bill.

Take care.

I just turned 67, BTW.

durable; the other is a cheaper thing, but the moths get into it."
                                             (Stephen Leacock)
Reply to
Fred Abse

That's exactly what I told my 11-year old nephew when he tried to convince me that 67% is a good mark on a math test. And now they get a redo.

Best wishes to Sloman!

-- Joe

Reply to
J.A. Legris

Just one, but it=B4s lasting well. `The Age Of Wonder` by Richard Holmes ISBN 978 0 00 714953 7. It was published in 2008, but I didn=B4t buy it until came out in paperback. It could equally have been called Joseph Banks and his circle with the expected emphasis on Wilhelm Herschel and his sister Caroline and Humphry Davy, but the Romantic poets get their attention, and there is even a mention of Thomas Love Peacock.

Bill Sloman, Canisius Wilhemina Ziekenhuis. Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Jim Thompson is ill-informed. He gets all his information from his steaming imagination. Since he kill-files everybody who posts information that he doesn=B4t want to believe, he stays ill-informed.

Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

r.

Since there is nothing in the sci.electronics.design charter that reserves group access to right-wing nitwits JosephKK is merely confirming his position as a card-carrying right-wing nitwit. I=B4d hate to be thought of as one of his group, whom I don=B4t recall as being quite so well represented when I started posting here, back in 1996.

Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

The Cochrane collaboration recommends other interventions.

Working on it.

Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

st

,

er.

Jim=B4s being ill-informed - as usual. There are other people around here who notice when Jim T posts nonsense, and occasionally comment on it.

-- Bill Sloman. Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Yay, the surgery was successful!

Are you posting via mobile phone, or is there an internet cafe in your hospital?

All the best,

Michael Darrett

Reply to
Michael

Irregularity can be controlled many times by just getting enough Calcium and magnesium. It takes a while befor blood magnesiun gets into the cells, calling it cell magnesium. Beta blockers do reduce blood pressure.

greg

Reply to
GregS

They may not know it all ...

And keep that Berenburger bottle under the bed so the nurses can't see it :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

magnesium.

magnesium.

Interesting. I take that stuff to stave off back pain.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Need to takeat least 1000 mg of D a day if you get no sun. D for pain, up to 3000 mg for severe pain. Takes a while to kick in, along with calcium and magnesium, and zinc.

greg

Reply to
GregS

I don't know, my wife calculated it and she's a former nurse. Two of those large blimp-shaped pills from a big Costco supplement bottle is what I take every morning.

No major back pain episodes since then, knocking on wood here.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

magnesium.

magnesium.

Beta blockers help back pain? Maybe that's why I have no back pain. ;-)

Reply to
krw

ast

er

=3DB4t

days

um and magnesium.

cell magnesium.

Can anyone weigh in on whether CoQ10 (for high-blood-pressure) and niacin (for cholesterol) vitamins work as claimed?

Michael

Reply to
Michael

magnesium.

magnesium.

No, I meant the calcium and magnesium :-)