OT.Any Knology ISP Users here?

I use Knology as my ISP, I download newsgroups with Outlook Express and tested Thunderbird with the same result. The problem I'm having is, threads are losing their posts. A thread may have ten posts and then the next time I check, it might only have five or could have completely disappeared. I have contacted Knology, the first hurdle is to find a rep that knows what a newsgroup is. I finally found someone aware of the problem, although they can't give me more info. I have also contacted Usenetserver, my understanding is they provide newsgroups to Knology. Usenetserver admits they have a software problem causing my complaint, but it seems to be about two months that I've been losing posts. How long should it take to fix a problem that is the core of your business. I guess that's my rant, just want to make sure others are having the same problem. Anyone? Is the a free service to get newsgroups? Mike

Reply to
amdx

I do not know of any free ones, except perhaps aioe.org. There are several inexpensive ones that piggyback on your existing ISP connection. Most of these have very good retention.

Reply to
JosephKK