LED SOUND PROJECT HELP

Hi, I'm working on a painting that I want to incorporate some electronics into. I want to have a button on the front of the painting that, when pressed, will play a 20 second audio clip as well as cause two LEDs to flash for the duration of the sound. I see that you sell a sound circuit that looks like it will work for my sound needs. Is there a way to tie that in with an led circuit that will cause the lights to blink only for the duration of the sound clip? It's important that only one button triggers both the sound and the lights; and that it automatically shuts off after the sound clip is over. Also, the brighter the two lights, the better. I have some rudimentary experience with soldering and and electronics projects, but I do not have the skills to simply and efficiently execute what I have described here. Any advice, instructions, and/or diagrams you have would be helpful. Thank you, Mark

Reply to
marxmith

Who is "you"? You were posting to a newsgroup. See this article to learn more about newsgroups:

How do you want the LED to blink? Blining with the beat of the music, or just blinking? Which frequency and duty cycle?

You could use one of those cheap MP3 players, attach a cheap PC active speaker to it and use the audio output of the MP3 player to control an LED (amplified with an op-amp). If one button click doesn't start the sound, you could translate it with a small microcontroller.

--
Frank Buss, fb@frank-buss.de
Frank Buss

[snip]

When I first decided to block all Google Group stuff, I was concerned that I might start missing worthwhile posts.

Now, I see that I made the right decision.

Bob

--
== NOTE: I automatically delete all Google Group posts due to uncontrolled
SPAM ==