Animal Monitor

A woodchuck has moved into my back yard. I see pieces of wood lying around. I don't know where they come from.

I would like to build a monitor that would tell me how much wood my wood chuck chucks, as I don't know how much wood a wood chuck could chuck if it could chuck wood.

Al

Reply to
Al

Call (616) 453-5531

Reply to
Jon

No, you want to estimate how much wood a wood chuck would chuck if a wood chuck would chuck wood.

This involves simulating a wood chuck in software - you could probably do it in Spice. Check out sci.electronics.cad where the real Spice freaks hang out - Jim Thompson will probably post a 3GHz wood chuck simulation on a.b.s.e within minutes of your request.

--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen
Reply to

Yes, yes. A wood chuck similation! Brilliant!

Now, is it a male or a female? Hmmm.

Al

Reply to
Al

Would a wood chuck chuck as much wood as a chuckling shucker of oysters would? A doddering doctor of ducks doesn't, but is believed to be a better bet.

Paul

Reply to
Paul E. Schoen

I don't suppose you could pick up all the wood your wood chuck has chucked and place it in a pile then take a picture of it next to a shoe.

Of course you have to go through a process of marking where the wood was chucked and labelling the chucked wood so you can restore it to the place where it was originally chucked. That's if you want your wood chuck to attract a mate.

Otherwise you might just throw it in the bin.

However, if you do that, he'll keep you up all night. Three hours of swearing about where all the chucked wood he chucked the night before might have been chucked to and the rest of the night chucking some more.

If you keep it up long enough then someones house will fall down.

Ultimately you are probably best off going down the garden center and buying one of those 12 by 12 woodchuck mats with chucked wood stapled to it and rolling it out on your garden. Then he'll realise he's got competition and move elsewhere.

DNA

Reply to
Genome