OT: all animals need 37 seconds to pee

A friend of mine has a Saluki (hers in photo here):

which according to wiki:

"In 1996, The Guinness Book of Records listed a Saluki as being the fastest dog, capable of reaching a speed of 68.8 km/h (42.8 mph)."

Despite being bred for raw speed they're an affable and reserved dog, not that rambunctious and apparently somewhat easier to care for than some more common breeds. Sometimes ribcage is easily seen thru the skin like the dog is starving but I'm told that's normal in healthy Salukis.

Reply to
bitrex

** I have, Win made an error, he does that all the time.

Your asinine comment was still wrong.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

None that krw can understand.

It looks silly to krw, but anything he can't understand looks silly to him.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

My bad - I thought your comment was about the text you quoted.

--
mikko
Reply to

We have a Saluki - a lovely dog (rescue from the far east) - and a great

family dog. Lord she loves to run! She first bounds into the air like a gazelle when she heads into the yard for her morning squirrel inspection... I have a video somewhere if anyone cares.

I'd read that Salukis were just slightly slower (like 1MPH slower) than Greyhounds, however I trust Guinness more that Wikipedia.

John :-#)#

Reply to
John Robertson

I'm told they are nice animals, but maybe they need decent exercise. (I've been behind a husky pack that I didn't want to touch. /After/ their run they were delightful to handle)

It looks like a Saluki's belly is about 14" off the ground. I've just measured my daughter's dog, and its belly is only

4" off the ground. 24mph ain't bad for such short legs :)
Reply to
Tom Gardner

Then this is PWM.

Best regards, Piotr

Reply to
Piotr Wyderski

Males do that but only very few females do. Male humans have an essentially similar behavior except they use tools to mark. Or big muscle cars.

Wow, that's what I call a good night's sleep! I don't think our older Labradors could hold it that long.

The new guy (an Entlebucher Mountain Dog) could but he pees only little before bedtime. It all seems to go into his "marking savings account" for the walk next morning. He leaves notes every hundred yards, for 2-3 miles.

When dogs get older you may not hear it but you can see and smell it in the morning :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to