OT: A possible solution to California's homeless problem?

Un-regulated immigration of "refugees" isn't going so well in Germany at the moment, Bill. Well on the way to becoming the new Sweden by the look of things. It's often said that migrants enrich the cultures they're brought into, but that doesn't seem to be happening. As an enthusiastic proponent of Globalism, perhaps you can explain what's going wrong here:

"When constituencies are small their elected representatives must concern themselves with the local interests of their constituents. When political representatives are distant and faceless, on the other hand, and represent vast numbers of unknown constituents, they represent not their constituents, but special interest groups whose lobbyists are numerous and ever present. Typically in Europe a technocrat is an ex-politician or a civil servant. He is unelected, virtually impossible to dislodge during his term of employment and has been granted extensive executive and even legislative power without popular mandate and without being directly answerable to the people whose interests he falsely purports to represent."

- Sir James Goldsmith (Member of the European Parliament) 1933 - 1997

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

including how to behave in a discussion civilly.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

rote:

t for

y are insane. Housing them in lunatic asylums is expensive, and the health care system can get away with "care in the community" for lunatics who aren 't obviously dangerous to other people, even if they are a danger to furnit ure and fittings.

keep that in mind.

le & obvious approach for landlords to evict troublesome tenants without de lay. The situation is a good bit more complex than that.

how much more complex the situation is than lesser mortals can appreciate, but skips the bit about what might these complexities might be or what migh t be done to handle these imagined complexities.

.

tuation.

seful one.

Since you clearly have no understanding of how rentals operate I thought it pointless to educate you. It's always pointless to eduate you, so I don't bother.

At least this time you have grasped the nature of the problem on the tenant s' side.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

:

ut how much more complex the situation is than lesser mortals can appreciat e, but skips the bit about what might these complexities might be or what m ight be done to handle these imagined complexities.

't told us anything about them,

correct

at least you border on admitting that came from your imagination.

thing specific he almost always posts fatuous nonsense.

I don't educate fools that refuse to educate themselves. It's not my job. If you want to contribute something useful, go get informed on the topic of rentals & problem tenants. There's no lack of experience with it world-wid e. Blaming others instead of going & getting informed is just silly, and on ly succeeds in making you look silly.

ism - they just see it as a rather unruly force that needs to be carefully regulated.

ing into monopolies and cartels (as Adam Smith mentioned in "The Wealth of Nations") regulating it is a necessary part of stopping it from destroyin g itself.

don't like being regulated, and desperately want to be able to set up the cartels that will let them rip off their customers to their heart's conten t.

ce, they will be out-competed by people who do - which is why Germany expor ts almost as much as the US while having only a quarter of the population.

n German healthcare, and delivers rather poorer health? The NHS is even che aper, and still outperforms the US system.

o have noticed.

I think we could more reasonably conclude that every regular contributor on this ng understands that any system of govt when poorly implemented sucks. To claim otherwise is anything from naive to childish - your usual hunting ground.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

don't encourage him!

Reply to
tabbypurr

to have noticed.

Reply to
Bill Sloman

As if NT has any idea of how to do that. Of course he sees "discussions" as places where he can show off his inflated self image (including his delusi ons of competence), and has missed the part about exchange of information, probably because he hasn't got any to exchange.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

sen

out for

st

hey are insane. Housing them in lunatic asylums is expensive, and the healt h care system can get away with "care in the community" for lunatics who ar en't obviously dangerous to other people, even if they are a danger to furn iture and fittings.

to keep that in mind.

mple & obvious approach for landlords to evict troublesome tenants without delay. The situation is a good bit more complex than that.

t how much more complex the situation is than lesser mortals can appreciate , but skips the bit about what might these complexities might be or what mi ght be done to handle these imagined complexities.

im.

situation.

useful one.

it pointless to educate you. It's always pointless to educate you, so I don 't bother.

Skipping the point that you don't actually know enough to educate anybody, and revealing that fact that you are so dim that you don't realise it.

nts' side.

Homeless people don't make good tenants. That's a problem that has to be ac tively managed. Trust NT not to grasp this.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

te:

bout how much more complex the situation is than lesser mortals can appreci ate, but skips the bit about what might these complexities might be or what might be done to handle these imagined complexities.

dn't told us anything about them,

Trust NT to comment before he'd read where my suspicions came from.

nything specific he almost always posts fatuous nonsense.

Being a prize example of a fool who thinks he has educated himself and gott en more foolish in the process, this is truer than NT probably realises.

It's also way beyond his capabilities.

of rentals & problem tenants. There's no lack of experience with it world-w ide. Blaming others instead of going & getting informed is just silly, and only succeeds in making you look silly.

So where would you go to get informed? Cursitor Doom recommended getting in formed on tenancy law, which tells you a lot about what can go wrong, but n othing about how you stop it going wrong. It was a waste of bandwidth but at least a gesture in the right direction.

alism - they just see it as a rather unruly force that needs to be carefull y regulated.

ating into monopolies and cartels (as Adam Smith mentioned in "The Wealth o f Nations") regulating it is a necessary part of stopping it from destroy ing itself.

up don't like being regulated, and desperately want to be able to set up t he cartels that will let them rip off their customers to their heart's cont ent.

orce, they will be out-competed by people who do - which is why Germany exp orts almost as much as the US while having only a quarter of the population .

han German healthcare, and delivers rather poorer health? The NHS is even c heaper, and still outperforms the US system.

to have noticed.

on this ng understands that any system of govt when poorly implemented suck s. To claim otherwise is anything from naive to childish - your usual hunti ng ground.

And where have I claimed otherwise? And capitalism isn't a system of govern ment - it's an economic system, which isn't quite the same thing.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

They did it in Utah first. They did the math and figured out it was cheaper than putting them in jail. In fact having been in I met someone who was ho meless and when winter started getting too cold went out and did something specifically to get put in jail. He needed no guards at $30,000 per year pl us benefits. I knew a broad who had some medical condition and got herself thrown in the hooskaw when she needed treatment.

They gave them apartments. Without an address you cannot get the food card, or the free phone or even free medical except to stabilise you and throw y ou out. You cannot get a job without a phone and it is also getting to the point where you absolutely need internet access.

Maybe it is a handout, but it does quite resemble a hand up.

Reply to
jurb6006

ensen

e out for

rust

they are insane. Housing them in lunatic asylums is expensive, and the hea lth care system can get away with "care in the community" for lunatics who aren't obviously dangerous to other people, even if they are a danger to fu rniture and fittings.

d to keep that in mind.

simple & obvious approach for landlords to evict troublesome tenants withou t delay. The situation is a good bit more complex than that.

out how much more complex the situation is than lesser mortals can apprecia te, but skips the bit about what might these complexities might be or what might be done to handle these imagined complexities.

him.

e situation.

or useful one.

t it pointless to educate you. It's always pointless to educate you, so I d on't bother.

, and revealing that fact that you are so dim that you don't realise it.

whoosh

nants' side.

correct, they're mostly disastrous tenants. The level of destruction caused makes them unhousable from a financial pov. Some of course are fine, but s o many aren't.

Nice soundbite, but you don't have any real solutions. I did look into it y ears ago & came up with a way, but did not invest in it in the end.

The only thing I don't grasp is why you're such a prat

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

If we thought you understood noncivil discussion better, like us military veterans, we'd all know that was a joke.

Reply to
whit3rd

He's got nothing better to do all day than troll this newsgroup - and all at public expense, since he's totally unemployable and probably has been for decades..

--

"When constituencies are small their elected representatives must concern themselves with the local interests of their constituents. When political representatives are distant and faceless, on the other hand, and represent vast numbers of unknown constituents, they represent not their constituents, but special interest groups whose lobbyists are numerous and ever present. Typically in Europe a technocrat is an ex-politician or a civil servant. He is unelected, virtually impossible to dislodge during his term of employment and has been granted extensive executive and even legislative power without popular mandate and without being directly answerable to the people whose interests he falsely purports to represent."

- Sir James Goldsmith (Member of the European Parliament) 1933 - 1997

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

The fact that NT really is a prat explains that.

It's certainly not a public expense - I'm retired and have some pension inc ome (most of it from the UK) but get as much again out of investments.

I held my last full-time job until May 2003, which is less than two decades ago. I'm not so obviously unemployable that I don't get job interviews fro m time to time - the most recent one was from Australia's nuclear reactor w here they've got a 1990-built neutron diffraction set up which they are thi nking about modernising. A 77-year-old might not be an obvious choice, but the job is going to have to be done in fits and starts and the fact that I don't need a continuous income makes me an attractive candidate.

Cursitor Dooms skills at personality assessment are what you'd expect from a gullible twit.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

A lot of things go over NT head - he doesn't seem to hear the whoosh himself.

I already spelled out that landlords have to inspect such properties frequently and kick out destructive tenants at the first sign of damage, and fix the damage immediately.

I even threw in a link to the underlying philosophy.

Trust NT to miss all of this.

His idea of getting education seems to involve concentrating on sources that support his silly ideas and ignoring anything that might correct them.

Couldn't persuade any other potential investors that it might work.

That seems the only thing that you are aware you don't grasp. In reality - an area where you flounder - you seem to be able to ignore most of the universe.

Sadly, you are the prat here, and you advertise the fact more or less non-stop.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

whit3rd wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Considering your version of insulting repsonses, I'd say that any military training or experience you ever had has been long fogotten by you.

You are not clever. You are pathetic. You are done.

Zero credence is what you have, and I'm done reading your stupid shit.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

it's sadly hilarious that a city like San Francisco with 5 million people and GDP the size of Luxembourg can't figure out what to do with

7000 chronically homeless I've been to state fairs larger than that.

The "east coast model" of moving homeless into shelters, and appointments with social service agencies, and transitional assistance to section 8 housing and so on is relatively effective:

Providence RI is dirt poor by San Francisco standards but you almost never see homeless sleeping on the street. There are some habitual panhandlers by the highway off-ramps but they're usually like the same

10 people.
Reply to
bitrex

So, is that an example of civil discussion?

Reply to
whit3rd

whit3rd wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

My responses are in kind with his inanity.

I am civil with civil folk.

If you wish to be numbered among them, I would suggest not jumping onto the BillyBullshit Bandwagon.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Made my night there biotch.

Civil, damn that is a good one. I can see Johnny Carson doing a routine on that right now.

Reply to
jurb6006