change a Bluetooth solution

Hi All,

When a SW engineer change their Bluetooth solution ( ex: from CSR to TI, or vice versa ), what's the main effort it needs ? assume based on Android end-product.

The only stuff in my mind is porting driver ( assume BT stack is available, ex: BlueZ )

so, it is only few effort on the Bluetooth chip initialization, right ?

I think in current market, all bluetooth chips should supporting UART, and up to 4Mbps, right ?

Thanks. Boki.

Reply to
Boki

All the abbreviation in a casual conversation is one thing, but when you want technical advice, you should probably be a little more concise with at least the very first query post.

Reply to
DrParnassus

If you assume both have the same digital interface (e.g., USB) and they're running off the same voltage, about the only thing left is the antenna interface -- some might be single-ended, some differential, some will need matching network changes, etc.

The software questions I really can't address, although I believe that "all Bluetooth chips support UARTs" since Bluetooth profile functionality such as the serial port profile is provided entirely in software.

You could find very good answers in this case just by carefully studying the data sheets from the various vendors. There probably aren't more than 1000 people in the world who have both done the board-level hardware design as well as coded up the software stack for Bluetooth.

---Joel

Reply to
Joel Koltner