A solution not to do dependency check?

In my Makefile, there is the following target such as "config".
config:
    @make -C ./config || exit $?

but, there is a directory the same as "config" for name.
So, if I try to make as "make config", the following message is printed.
"make: `config' is up to date."

I guess the make checks date of "config" directory and decided that make is
not needed.
In this case,
I want to make absolutely without dependency check.
Is there a good solution?

[root@test] ls
config  Makefile
[root@test] make config
make: `config' is up to date.
[root@test]

Re: A solution not to do dependency check?

Try "config::" instead of "config:" in your main makefile.

jbe

Re: A solution not to do dependency check?

.PHONY: config
config:
    $(MAKE) -C ./config || exit $?

Make has a good manual. Try "info make" at the command line.

regards

Wolfgang

Site Timeline