ON app note - can you read it?

Foxit 1.0.0.1 plugin for Firefox. Works fine.

What did you want to know?

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
alien8752

Work fine here. All 24 pages.

Delete the saved file before you visit the site again, or use your other browser.

Reply to
Nunya

Works fine here with PDFXchange viewer 2.5 (build 194.0). Also with Foxit. Both have free versions; give 'm a try.

--
Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to

Works fine (if slowly) with xpdf and evince on linux.

Also OK with sumatra on Windows.

6.01 is pretty old, though I don't know how a modern Acrobat works with it since I expunged it a while ago :) It seems to be PDF 1.6 format. This seems to require Acrobat 7 acording to wikipedia:
--

John Devereux
Reply to

The document's fishy. It come up in the browser with the first page blank, and the rest of the pages gushing some drivel about "enabling energy efficient /Solutions/." IOW they're garbled too ;-) (Solutions? Gee, what if I wanted design info on power supply chips?)

Downloading /then/ viewing, I got an "Application Error: can't read memory location xxxx:xxxx", but the document came up and was viewable, all pages.

I'm using Acrobat Reader 7.0.

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

The app note is here.

If you can read this without a 'bad encrypt dictionary" error, what version of adobe acrobat (or other pdf reader) are you running?

ON tech assistance is not helpful, or interested, though they did copy the thing by email, when I raised the issue. The same error occurs no matter how Adobe 6.01 handles it.

RL

Reply to
legg

Fine with Foxit. It gives a warning about saving the file, then saves "a copy" of it just fine.

John

Works with Adobe reader 8.2.6. Try downloading it separately with wget to isolate browser issues.

--
Muzaffer Kal

DSPIA INC.
ASIC/FPGA Design Services

http://www.dspia.com
Reply to
Muzaffer Kal

legg schrieb:

Works well with Firefox Ver 3.6.16 and Acrobat 9.4.1

Jorgen

Reply to
Lund-Nielsen, Jorgen

I'd upgrade to the latest version of acrobat reader. The versions after 6 where a bit dodgy but version 9 is OK again.

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

ISTR older Adobe Acrobat readers assumed that if they couldn't understand a document, well it must be encrypted, so...

--

John Devereux
Reply to

Adobe Acrobat v7.1.0 opens it just fine.

Adobe has this habit of barfing if, say, v6.01 tries to open a v7.1.0 file.

...Jim Thompson

Why not fire up your Univac and try to read it? Punch it on cards and feed it to your IBM 360? Scribble it on an 8" floppy (or 20) and load it on your Terak? Try it with your PDP-11 and those cute little 256K tapes?

Reader 9.4.3 has no difficulty at all. Perhaps you should get your software into this decade...or stick to reading things from the time it was current.

Ecnerwal

Right. Well thanks all.

Can't remember the last time I came across commercial literature that's not backwards compatible to ver6.

I'll mention it to ON. Can't be in their game plan, I'm sure.

RL

Reply to
legg

kpdf 0.5.4 on kde 3.5.4 gives me a dialog box: Please enter password...

Hope This Helps! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

It works fine with Acrobat Pro v 9.4.3

Reply to
Kral

It displays OK on Linux, using

evince ("Document Viewer") 2.30.3 kpdf 0.5.9 ("Using KDE 3.5.10"). It's a bit slow to display in both cases, probably due to the high-depth graphics on the first page.

Both the main display, and the navigation sidebars do show up.

kpdf says that it's a PDF 1.6 document, created by Adobe InDesign CS6 (6.0.4), produced by Adobe PDF Library 9.0, on April 6 2010, and that it is encrypted.

Possibly the encryption is what's tripping up your reader?

Dave Platt

Opens fine for me. I have Acrobat 5.0.5 -- which as I understand it, was the last "real" "Adobe" version of Acrobat before it went open-source and everyone started adding their own (often incompatible) bells and whistles to it

- such as markup and secure signature stuff, etc...

Not saying any of that is bad, but I had Ver-9 installed and ripped it out becuase I came across too many PDF's that would open fine with Ver-5, but would have weird little quirks when opened with Ver-9. (Ver-9 would still open them, but you might not be able to print them right, or the form fields might not save, or toggle right, stuff like that.) Life is too short...

I never hear ANYTHING good about Ver-6 or Ver-7, and I have not tried them myself. Personally, I would recommend going back to Ver-5 (if you can do that), or upgrade to the most current version, whatever that is.

Good luck.

-mpm

Reply to
mpm

You'll learn. ....some day.

RL

Reply to
legg

Evince 2.20.3, that comes with Ubuntu 10.4, works just fine.

--
http://www.wescottdesign.com
Reply to