DES bootloader from atmel app note occasional corruption

I've been using DES bootloader from atmel app note for a while.

The problem is that occasionally my mega8 locks up. It will still accept and complete upgrade, but the application will simply not run any more.

I have to re-program the boot loader to make it work again.

Does anyone have experience with this kind of behaviour? Someone on avrfreaks hinted that there was a problem and linked to a non-existing thread.

The fuses are setup so that no LPM/SPM is allowed in the boot section.

Any clues?

--
Siol
 Click to see the full signature

Is this group frequented by AVR users at all? I find it hard to believe that noone uses the DES encrypted bootloader.

--
Siol
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
SioL

noone

I use the AVR family a great deal. No bootloader at all in any of my AVR products (at the moment) - they are factory-programmed once over JTAG or SPI. I'm going to add a bootloader to one of my devices in the foreseeable future, but it will not use any kind of encryption, and it will be loading the upgrade code off a removable flash media card.

Reply to
larwe

Well, if you have products out there and you want to give users a chance to upgrade, you need some kind of load and protection mechanism.