Can you believe it? Another LENR hiccup

Ya, I'm sure most of you can.

Here's what happened after the 350 day test of the 1MW unit.

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

So it looks like Rossi no longer has a path to commercialization, no? I suppose the well documented results of the 350 day test will allow him to find other investors. Then we will all find (nearly) free energy. I'd just swing my doors open in the winter and let these things warm my whole yard. Grow fruit when it snows and keep my part of the lake ice free.

--

Rick
Reply to

Grin.... No I was going to say, "Wow can you believe it." But with a sarcastic smiley face. (which I don't know how to do.. :^| George H.

Reply to
George Herold

No can do, remember global warming. It could get worse with millions of LENR units heating up the world!

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Elvis is gonna be head of reactor operations.

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Really? Won't the reduction of carbon emissions more than offset any local heating I create? Otherwise, why would nuclear power plants be "green"?

--

Rick
Reply to

You started it! I thought maybe you were being factious when you said, "swing my doors open in the winter and let these things warm my whole yard." I just added the globe. :-)

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Why would you want to warm the globe? Don't we have a sun to do that?

--

Rick
Reply to

Actually, we don't need energy sources, we just need ways of transporting the free energy we already have! Heat in the Mojave, cold in the Artic. Connect the two with heat pipes and use the flow to generate electricity.

I know this is not economically feasible, but I wonder how far from practical it is to tap into temperature differences we can access like subterranean water and the excess heat from our homes in the summer.

I needed a new heat pump and spoke with a geo-thermal vendor. Aside from the fact that they estimated the job would cost some $25,000 and they wouldn't give me a fixed price bid, it sounded pretty good.

--

Rick
Reply to

Look up OTEC, ocean thermal energy conversion. Some systems have been built, and they work. There may be some practical issues learning how to keep such a system from fouling and storm damage.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Assuming continued exponential growth, electricity consumption will outpace ~1% solar influx by year 2600 or so.

Stop global warming! Ban fusion research!

(There's more than enough D in the oceans to accomplish this, by many orders of magnitude; and obviously, even more H, which we'll know how to fuse by then, too.)

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
Website: http://seventransistorlabs.com

That's kinda what wind energy does.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

That has been around for decades, but so far no one has been able to make it practical.

If this were used on a truly massive scale, it has potential of doing as much damage as global warming. The heat differentials are what make the ocean currents run. If we modify that to any extent we run a risk of altering those currents which impact global climate.

--

Rick
Reply to