32 bit counter, Infineon XC167 App. note search

I have need for a 32 bit free running counter, preferably with latched reads. The part (Infineon XC167) has lots of 16 bit timers and also 16 bit timers in the capture/compare units that look like they can do the job. I see a few potential 'gotchas' and so would like to read through an app note on the subject. I've been to the Infineon site and a couple of other possible sources but so far no luck. I'd apreciate hearing about possible sources of information.

Al

Reply to
al

Jan

Thanks for the response.

I have 'DAVE'. It does not support the XC167 and, except for fluff code, it generates assembler, extremly verbose assembler. In the listing every register on the part gets set and the registers are not necessarily grouped logically. Fiddleing with all the individual bits will be more straightforward than wading through all that. I know how to make a 32 bit timer, I can think of several ways using the XC167. What I'd like is to look over some application notes on various recommended ways.

Reply to
al