Oldest Grandchild Graduates from High School

Yet never learned how to clean them properly.

They are called factory authorized service locations, and they are still around. Just a lot less HV is involved now. A lot less magnetics too, since LCD and plasma displays don't require deflection coils.

Is that what you call what you do?

Hahahaha... You're funny, Johnny.

Reply to
The Great Attractor

Your email should be robertISaYahoo!

The Great Attractor

Sounds like you are about as big on image projection as you are about using equipment properly.

Reply to
The Great Attractor

Not according to the magnetic north indicator you placed on the image.

The track I see there is BELOW the strip, with reference to that compass, and off the east end of the strip, with reference to that compass.

So, either your image edit is wrong, or you are wrong.

Reply to
The Great Attractor

All I want to do is design stuff and then sell it. Which I do.

John

You are just a jealous wannabe prongie

--
 JosephKK
  --Schiller

As if you should talk prongie.

--
 JosephKK
  --Schiller

A Catholic High School? I hope she doesn't take it too hard when she goes to college and finds out that the world is older than 6000 years by many orders of magnitude.

"The beauty of a chainsaw is that you don\'t have to start it. Just
show up with it."  - Joe Walsh, on checking in to hotels
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Naah. The Earth and all the Fossil evidence was created 6000 years ago just as a test of Faith.

Robert

Reply to
Robert

So was total retardation. Of that branch, you belong.

Reply to
The Great Attractor

I just checked the site, looks technician grade to me.

--
 JosephKK
  --Schiller

What do you have against robotics? Just that a lot of people into them are primarily slapping together hardware using off-the-shelf RC components and controllers and not actually doing electronics design? Or something else?

I attended the OSU engineering expo last Friday. Lots of interesting stuff... and they're pushing "TekBots" (guess who sponsors it) in a big way these days...

Reply to
Joel Kolstad

I've always thought that leaving out phasors in 2-year programs is something of a disservice to students: All the machinations you have to go through to do use R/L/C's without introducing 'j' seems a lot worse than spending the week or so on, "Remember that sqrt(-1) thing you learned in high school? Here's an actual application for it! Yes, it's somewhat abstract and seemingly magical at first, but you'll like it, trust me! And you'll find your contemporary calculator is perfectly happy to operate using these things..."

Not that it belongs in a 2-year program, but phasors also serve as a very nice "backdrop" to Laplace transforms... they're a lot less nebulous when you can tell kids, "Hey, you've been using a somewhat distilled version of this for a year or two now..."

Reply to
Joel Kolstad

Sure one does. I managed to stump the department head on the equation for GBW in an op-amp circuit (I didn't know what the correct answer was, but I was able to demonstrate that the "solution" up on the board was incorrect and the department head agreed but also didn't know where to go from there :-) ).

A better story is the one I've posted previously about a co-worker who took a control systems lab and, after being unable to get the lab to achieve some specified settling time was able to demonstrate that doing so was impossible given the bandwidth limitations of the the power amplifier and op-amps provided. Since he'd just demonstrated that hundreds of kids had dry-labed the experiment, his story goes that the next day a half-dozen department professors were in the lab trying to get it to work, and they concluded the same thing my co-worker had: It couldn't be done with the equipment provided. The lab itself had been constructed by some former grad. student!

Jim has his story about demonstrating that someone had minimized an op-amp's sensitivity with respect to one variable while making the rest atrocious, which is the kind of thing you'd only see in academia. I'm sure he has plenty more too...

Reply to
Joel Kolstad

I was 9 units into a MSEE program at Sac State when I had the department chair try and convince me that his microstrip circuit on alumina 1/4 inch thick would work. Get alumina more than 10 or 20 mils thick at 10 GHz. or so and I don't care HOW much you wish it would work, it ain't gonna.

Haven't been back since.

Jim

Reply to
RST Engineering (jw)

100,000BTU? Whoa! That's about 80% of what our central furnace can do when it is running at full bore.
--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

I found the fault on a tube radio once with a screwdriver and a pair of needle nose pliers - in under 2 minutes (open WW resistor on the multiple electro).

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

--
Beginner\'s luck?

I found the fault once, in a radio, by isolating the fault down, on
the schematic, to a 10K resistor and then licking my fingers and
bridging the resistor with those fingers.  The radio started
playing, I replaced the resistor and, AFAIK, it\'s still out there
working like it\'s supposed to.
Reply to
John Fields

Yes, that.

The fact that robotics is useless and mostly qualitative.

John

Wow John, you sure are a man with a bunch of mostly useless, and strongly held opinions.

I'd bet that your car's price was cut about in half because of the use of robotics.

I am certain that the GI's in Iraq appreciate not having to get close and personal with suspicious bomb like packages thanks to robotics.

The Mars rovers seems to be doing a pretty good job of exploring the surface of Mars, thanks to robotics.

Yep, useless!

-Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Harris