Old Radar Display, need info

Hello,

I need to power up an old Military Radar display unit build by Kelvin Hughes, code no RDS-A1, do any one know what was the supply voltage, frequency and power connector pinout?

I suspect it may be 120Vac at 400Hz, but I am not sure. I also assume power input was going to the power switch, but I am not sure too. So any hint will be helpful at this point.

Bye

Jacques

Reply to
Jacques St-Pierre

Aircraft display, or ground display? There should be a tag (plate) indicating power requirements near the power input connector.

Reply to
PeterD

Sadly, I can not find any tag (plate). What I suppose to be the power input is not even named, just a multipin military style connector. I figure it must be power input since the unit have no other connector (except video & sync). Two wires are route to the power switch, so they must be it, but no luck to power it from there, maybe the unit is also defective.

Jacques

Reply to
Jacques St-Pierre

Consider posting images on a web site. Sides, back, front, covers removed.

Reply to
PeterD

There is a very good chance that it is 3-phase 120/208 V, 400 Hz. See if you can find the power transformer.

Reply to
JosephKK