Sylvania C6427TD service menu

Hello,

Any one know if any service menu are available on Sylvania C6427TD tv set? I try holding any switch at power up without success. I am trying to adjust height and width, that is actually to large.

Bye

Jacques

Reply to
Jacques St-Pierre

On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 18:41:16 GMT, "Jacques St-Pierre" put finger to keyboard and composed:

I have a service manual for the Sylvania/Funai model 6427TD/SST4273, not C6427TD. Will that do?

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Maybe, maybe not.

The information I need is easy to locate, maybe you can check it for me: I need to confirm the voltage output from the supply that power the flyback. The TV set is working, but since the picture sizes are too large, I wish to make sure the supply output is not too high too. And second, I need to know if they have hidden menu to adjust picture sizes (vert & horz) and how to access them.

The original problem of the TV set was the vertical output IC that was blow up, it as been replace, the TV work, but the picture is quite large. So I suspect that the supply may be a bit high causing the IC to fail and the picture been too large. I may be wrong, the picture may have always been that way too, I did not saw it before it came for repair.

Bye Jacques

Reply to
Jacques St-Pierre

On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 20:48:29 GMT, "Jacques St-Pierre" put finger to keyboard and composed:

I have uploaded the 6427TD manual here:

B+ is 120V (TP601).

The vertical size is adjusted via the service menu, but the horizontal width is adjusted by VR562.

Service Mode is accessed using the original remote. You need to add a service jumper to the remote control's PCB.

See page 5-1 (page 14 of the PDF).

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar