Novice needs help with crazy project

What about a small periscope?

Roger Dewhurst

You _both_ need to check your facts (or specify in what country your opinion applies, if other than the US).

minimize spam.  Our true address is of the form che...@prodigy.net.
Reply to
CJT

Sorry; it is you that needs to do the checking.

Reply to
Robert Baer

I just looked at the patent he refrenced, and I'm not so sure it applies. It talks about using a fiberoptic cable, and seems more of a "flexible periscope" than a camera based system.

Which would make the whole patent subthread a moot point.

But I am not a lawyer, and only cursorily glanced at the patent ...

Reply to
Martin

how close can you focus your eyes? will the extra drag caused by this aparatus slow you down. maybe an optical solution, like an L-shaperd periscope would be a better solution?

--

Bye.
   Jasen

It's illegal to build one to the patent specs, however patents are very specific. Using something besides fiber optics, and mounting the screen in a different manner pretty much gets him around this patent.

Reply to
Marc Britten