Nice project cases (cheap)

I was looking on ebay and these cases were at the bottom of the page. Extruded Aluminum Cases 8" x 7.25" x 1.625" $3.00 Can't beat that price! I don't know anything more about it, just ran across it.

Mike

Reply to
amdx

Price is nice, but shipping is more than double the cost. Then again, if you buy a few the cost of shipping per item will go down.

Reply to
Kenneth Scharf

How about free? Go to any grocery store and buy something you want to eat in a can that has the press on lid. Small ones about the size of Sardine cans make for small and sensitive projects, and you can put these into an even bigger can for a project. R.F. feed-throughs are not that expensive. You could make a modular project you could upgrade when you wanted. Cheers, Bill Baka

I kind of miss all the old BUD boxes.

Reply to
Bill Baka

================================================ With PCB scrap readily available you can make any (modest) size box with this material . I have stocked up at a fleamarket ,for life.

Frank GM0CSZ / KN6WH

Reply to
Highlandham

The problem is that the sodium intake with each can of anchovies is humongous. But they are delicious on pizza or on a cheese sandwich. Takes a while to get the smell out of a can tho :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Soak the can in kerosene for a day. The stink of the kerosene will FAR outdo the stink of the fish.

Jim

Reply to
RST Engineering

My step-dad offered me a cure for a pain I was having. A bigger pain somewhere else. Kindred world views, I see. ;)

Jon

Reply to
Jon Kirwan

age.

..

=A0Mike

n.

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

I find very low volume ( as in production) instruments at flea markets make good cases, especially if they have things like 10 turn pots on the outside. I have two or three WTF boxes waiting for suitable projects. Often it's just to house an open frame power supply. I often replace the switchers with linears if the switcher is too noisy.

The nice thing about using some scrap instrument case is it generally has the IEC connector installed, sparing the need to punch a funny shaped hole. Just leave the controls on the front panel, which is better than having a box with holes in it.

Reply to
miso

================================ If I use an equipment box with a number of unused front panel holes I cover the whole front panel with PCB ,only drilling the holes needed. Since the copper surface over time would corrode I varnish the area after completing the project.

Frank GM0CSZ / KN6WH

Reply to
Highlandham

I've used laminate intended for kitchen countertops. I buy it at my local DIY home center. Dremel make a "laminate cutter" bit for their moto-tools. You can glue it on or just use front panel components to hold it on...

It comes in an almost unlimited set of patterns such as wood grain, marble, solid color, etc.

Scott N0EDV

Reply to
Scott

On a sunny day (Mon, 07 Dec 2009 17:50:32 -0800) it happened Jon Kirwan wrote in :

Is not that how aqupuncture works? :-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje