New version of xpsa spectrum analyzer

I'v gotten some feedback from the star gazing community, with fixes for some stuff, and also added new features and removed some old ones.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

looks interesting. Any reason it doesn't have a horizontal frequency scale on the graph?

Reply to
mike

On a sunny day (Mon, 19 Jan 2015 09:38:41 -0800) it happened mike wrote in :

It shows a blue cross-hair when you left click with the mouse in the graph. The little fields in the center show (top down): The actually center display frequency you selected. The precise frequency where you clicked. The offset from the center where you clicked. The offset from the last point you clicked (great to find space between sidebands).

A scale means nothing, is hard to read, and changes with settings such as zoom, this gives you a 1 Hz accurate result that you can cut and paste from that field.

You can zoom in to a factor 64 or so, and look at a few Hz apart sidebands while in the GHz range. I hope to release a bug fix version 0.4.10 soon. Some bugs creeped in when adding thousands of lines of code in a few hours...

When you have found the SDR stick ppm error it is a cool frequency meter too. And since that fft fix it is very fast.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

I'm not suggesting that you remove any of the stuff. Generally, I want a graph so I can get the most useful info directly from it by looking. Seems like frequency is one of the two most important outputs for a spectrum analyzer at a glance.

Just my two cents.

Reply to
mike

On a sunny day (Mon, 19 Jan 2015 15:22:54 -0800) it happened mike wrote in :

You cannot get info from a graph without drawing a line to the side and 'interpolating' the funny numbers. And that won't be to 1 Hz accuravy unless you have some mysterious gift of sub micron vision and math. So I display the exact frequency where you put the mouse, saves you time.

There is a lot going on, somebody has ported an older version to Raspberry Pi and uses the GPU to accelerate:

It is amazing it does 3 fps on a Raspi that way. It is many times faster on a PC though.

Mai Bee eye shoot make a U tube fideo too.

Well that is not enough, given that that dollar is no longer supported by the gold standard. I think your reply should be worth at least 1 gram of gold. ;-)

Anyways anybody is free to improve it to their own liking, as long as you respect the GPL. And a message for some person, you know who you are who copied xste, I WILL report violations to the FSF. From the damages awarded I will buy a new yacht. Or maybe just cookies... :-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje