Testing LNBs

For Es'hail-2

using third harmonic of ADF4350 that is in the 10.4 GHz band small piece of wire in front of LNB as antenna. LNB on T section for power...
those T-sections get more complicated as time goes bye there is an extra attenuator for the rtl-sdr stick, a protection diode against reverse power connection, and the little 1.5 uH inductor works great at up to 2 GHz and serves as fuse if you short the coax to the LNB (one went up in smoke so I know it works) was powered from a RC lipo ..

On the left raspberry running my ATV transmitter and the ADF as 2.4 GHz source.

For testing I use a rtl-sdr stick.. on xpsa spectrum analyzer...

yeaa on the right the LNB reference that can be locked to the rubidium reference. (project not on website yet)

The white LNB is the Octagon PLL, on the left a grey cheap one with DRO oscillator, one like that also works on Es'Hail-2, DRO drifts though.

Still working on modifying the Octagon, have tried many configurations, seems hard for these models with RT320M chip.

Hey, but I have RX! Dish pointed at Badr4 26 East... with xdipo

Not contemplating transmission yet... eh

reading up on helical feeds...

Reply to
<698839253X6D445TD