New Filters in Thunderbird

I've created filters in Thunderbird before and I seem to recall there is a way to start a filter based on the current message... but I can't find it to save my life. A search of Mozilla help doesn't find anything either. Do I need to use, "Tools"/"Message Filters" from the menu and enter all the info myself?

You can teach an old dog new tricks, but you may need to teach him again when he forgets.

--

Rick C
Reply to

Nevermind, I read more Mozilla search results and found it. You have to right click the "From" address to see the right click menu item.

--

Rick C
Reply to

There is a bug in the filters. When you create a new filter based on the current message it shows up in the list of filters and you can do "Run Now." If you do it again on another message it doesn't show up in the list until you close the list of filters and re-open it.

Reply to
sms

I can live with that. I only use the filters for kill-filing and I don't do it that often.

--

Rick C
Reply to