Thunderbird Setup Test

Just because I have to use Windows right now doesn't mean I have to forget my manners. I figured I would return to using a proper newsreader instead of using Google Groups.

We can thank the nagging line in Michael Terrell's sig for consistently reminding me.

So here goes. Sorry for the pointless post.

Reply to
phaeton

You're welcome. :)

Its not pointless to announce that you've come to your senses. ;-)

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
The first sign of insanity is denying that you\'re crazy.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Welcome back from the dark side!

Thunderbird's filtering sucks. Its slightly less sucky for killfiling if you set up an address book to dump the trolls into and then filter on 'sender' 'is in my address book' 'eeTrolls'

For some reason filtering on custom headers has been broken on Mozilla news clients since 2002 :-( Lots of bug reports and requests but I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for a fix for that or wildcards in filters.

--
Ian Malcolm.   London, ENGLAND.  (NEWSGROUP REPLY PREFERRED)
[at]=@, [dash]=- & [dot]=. *Warning* HTML & >32K emails --> NUL:

Yeah, I'm noticing that, actually. I used to use Pan on FreeBSD about a year or two ago. I think there's a Pan for Windows now but I thought I'd give T-bird a shot.

Reply to
phaeton

Thanks. ;)

Now I've got to live down John Larkin's remark earlier in a post "what is it about audio that brings out the worst electronics?" 8-0

Reply to
phaeton

I've been using Agent 5.0 for a few days. I had some trouble with it at first but I think I'm coming around. It's quite a bit different than Gravity ($$ being one ;-), which I've used for years. The filtering is far better though and speel czecher is much nicer. Still have a way to go before I decide to send them money.

Reply to
krw

He's right. Mention 'audio' and the trolls and idiots craw out of the sewers. Its the one subject they think they know, and any thread quickly becomes plugged with garbage. they brag about their huge IQ, monster systems they designed, and totally useless crap. :)

Take a look on alt.engineering.electrical at the thread about telephone network modules for example. :(

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
The first sign of insanity is denying that you\'re crazy.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Well, most of that audiophile snakeoil stuff just cracks me up. Audio amplifiers and/or musical distortion circuits are what I'm most familiar with. However, I view it only as a 'stepping stone' into the rest of electronics. I try to be intelligent and rational about stuff.

I've got along ways to go, but little by little, i'm working on it. :-)

Reply to
phaeton

Just don't step on the lilly pads along the way. They may look like a nice place to step, but they sink. :-)