New anti-static material dicovered :-)

I use these to put under cups, so as not to leave stain (coffee) on the table. Accidently touched one with an audio lead, big hum! Checked if it was perhaps wet, ... no.

Got a fresh one, about 6 MOhm like this,

drops a lot to about 100 kOhm of you pressure it, makes a great pressure detector too. You can stick TTL chips in it too.

Comes in many colors, local supermarket.. Relative humidity? 60 %. Not sure if that has any influence.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Kitchen cleaning sponge? LOL!:) I believe they're sold already wet and/or absorm humidity from the environment, which would explain the pressure sensitivity. The ones I use though once dried become hard almost as rocks.

Reply to
asdf

Water seems to be the bane of electronics.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Not the same but I bought some of these

Perhaps not ESD safe but they are great for general soldering & wire tinning work as the solder doesn't stick & the MP of the silicon rubber is > soldering temps. Solder & flux just shakes straight off.

Any more kitchen gadgets?

Reply to
Brendon

The trays that supermarket sushi comes in: great for keeping track of small parts on the workbench.

Disposable plastic knives and toothpicks are good for working with adhesives.

Black plastic trash bags, the cheapest, thinnest ones, make great windows for thermal IR imaging.

Toaster and convection ovens are handy.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

A bane can be removed without surgery. Ask your doctor.

Reply to
John S

On a sunny day (Wed, 4 Sep 2013 23:45:32 +0000 (UTC)) it happened asdf wrote in :

No, these are dry, I have one on the table for month to put my cellphone on so it does not get scratched (the camera lens on the bottom'. It is possible the stuff is impregnated, but squeezing it brings nothing out. These have incredible moisture sucking capabilities though. These are easy to cut into required shapes with scissors.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Thu, 05 Sep 2013 10:49:20 +0800) it happened Brendon wrote in :

COol!

I use A4 paper to solder, paper is not damaged by solder drops up to 320 C. When finished just throw the paper sheet away. Paper is great stuff.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Synthetic chamois? When dry it'll conduct worse than a real one.

They are hygroscopic.

--
?? 100% natural

Jasen Betts

I ever wondered what capacitance would exhibit a capacitor made of an entire plastic foil rewound between two entire aluminium foils.

As for hacks, WokFi probably beats them all:)

asdf