static

what can I do to get rid of static?

I have a new digital slr that accumulates a terrible amount of dust on the sensor. I have followed a number of threads on the subject and it seems that this particular model has a particularly problematic static and dust issue apparently due to the amount of charge and the size of the sensor. Cleaning the sensor (there are "special" tools) is also not too successful probably also due to the dry & heated indoor environment. What would be effective to reduce the static in the environment ( a steamy bathroom probably isnt good for the camera :-) and what can I do to the camera ? For those of you old enough to remember LP records there was a gizmo called a 'zerostat' which looked like a handgun and a couple of zaps was supposed to gdischarge any static on the surface.

Frank

--
=========
Reply to

The charge on the sensor is in the volt range ... hardly enough to cause it to act as a dust collector.

All digital SLRs have this problem. Depending on the frequency of lens changes, user caution, environment, etc.; some folks have more problems than others.

Reply to
Charles Schuler