Need RF oscillator, phase modulation capable

Can someone suggest where I should look for a used tunable RF oscillator around

1 MHz that can be phase modulated from an external input?
Reply to
George

around 1 MHz that can be phase modulated from an external input?

Depending on what you are doing a Direct Digital Synthesizer might be a good way to do what you are trying to do. Another thought is to use quadrature modulation on a fixed 1MHz source.

If you are looking for a 1 MHz VCO with a frequency adjust, it may be tough to translate that to phase modulation. I suppose you could build some kind of PLL.

I think we need more info to give better advice.

Reply to
brent

1 MHz that can be phase modulated from an external input?

A Rhode & Schwarz SMDA should do that. I recently sold mine for about $100

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

around 1 MHz that can be phase modulated from an external input?

Simplest approach -which may or not satisfy your unstated requirements:

If you just want some discrete phases (e.g 4, as in QPSK), you could start with on oscillator at 4 times the frequency and digitally generate the 4 phases. Then, choose the one you like and, if required, try to filter out harmonics.

Pere

Reply to
o pere o

around 1 MHz that can be phase modulated from an external input?

If a square wave is OK, you could use the VCO from a 4046 type part.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold