Need help identifying thie PWM chip

I have piece a datasheet from a PWM chip and would like to identify the part number.

Its an old voltage mode 16 pin dip part for half/fullbridge.

It has a 4V built in reference (wide tolerance). Uses a resistor strap to set the PWM freq up to 1MHz. Bi-Cmos Has a Ct and DIScharge pin on the oscillator cap. Dual 500mA totem pole outputs.

45 - 49% max duty cycle Softstart pin Shutdown pin Typical in+, in- and COMP pins

Datasheet was in Times New Roman font. Most stuff in in areal now.

When I get a change I'll scan the part of the datasheet I have and post it. Maybe it will ring a few bells.

thanks.

Reply to
mook johnson

art

t.

Parts like TI's Unoin Carbide classic uc1525, 27 and uc3846, 47 families look familiar. But they have Vref =3D 5.1 volts.

Reply to
Winfield Hill

Parts like TI's Unoin Carbide classic uc1525, 27 and uc3846, 47 families look familiar. But they have Vref = 5.1 volts.

Thats what is throwing me. The 4V reference and the times font in the datasheet. I looked throug all the UC1 datasheets (prbably a cerdip) and couldn't find a voltage mode from unitrode with 4V reference. :(

Reply to
mook johnson

something like this?

Excuse the quality.

P.S. there are newer types that most likely will do the same.

Reply to
Jamie

Thats not it. I'll post the fragment when I get to the office monday. When I first saw it I thought it was a unitrode part. Looked throught my old

1990 unitrode catalog and none of the datasheets were in times new roman font and none of the voltage mode PWMs I could find had a seperate discharge pin for Ct or a 4V reference. :(

I'm looking for this because this part is in a old multi-chip-module that I need to debug. The M-C-M datasheet has a segment of the PWM IC datasheet, and sparce interface information. I would like to get the full PWM IC datasheet so I can read up on the particulars of it to help in debugging.

thanks and keep scratching your heads for me please.

Reply to
mook johnson

Found it!

It was an old Telcom TC24C24