identifying the atmel chip

hello,

i recently got an atmel micro-controller. i downloaded its datasheet from the internet...to my horror i found out that the pin configuration of each of the controller change with their package specifications. so i scanned my controller to find package number which was unsuccessful.

the bullshit printed on my micro-controller is:

on the top side: at89c51ed2 -im

0631-6f5912

at the bottom side: PH G6F5912

can somebody pls help me out identify which damn package is this n where could i find its pin configurations and its datasheet

Reply to
freeze

The "bullshit" printed on the chip got you to the datasheet. The information you seek is in that datasheet.

Look near the end just after Ordering Information. There are graphics showing the outline of each chip. I'm assuming you have a 44-pin chip because, if you have a 64-pin or 68-pin chip, the package type is obvious. For the 44-pin chip, the main difference between PLCC and VQFP is in how the pins look.

You'll run into many package types in addition to these. It is worthwhile to know that most datasheets show product outlines.

Take a deep breath. If this little bump in the road is enough to set you off, your learning experience over the next several months is going to be really stressful.

Good luck, Richard

Reply to
Richard Seriani

but the chip that i have is a 40 pin one.....tats were i really am pissed off.....

Reply to
freeze

You can't tell by looking at it ?

From the Atmel website of course.

Aren't you capable of thinking for yourself or do you expect to be spoon-fed your entire life ??

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

MOST 8051's typically come in a 40 pin DIL option.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore