Mystery Package

Received a mystery package today, sent from ZIP 44261 (Ohio)

Looks like it might be a mechanical timer, but there's no enclosed info other than a tag saying, "DRIVE WITH CURRENT SOURCE".

Did _you_ send it? ...Jim Thompson

does it smell like gunpowder and broken light bulbs?

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

Could it be a camera iris motor?

Reply to
piglet

No >:-} ...Jim Thompson

Could be... totally no ID... just the tag, "DRIVE WITH CURRENT SOURCE" ...Jim Thompson

Took it out of its sealed clear envelope, and it is indeed an iris motor _and_ lens assembly.

Who sent it? ...Jim Thompson

Not me. I only send beer.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Of which I am quite fond! ...Jim Thompson

The USPS website says that is not a valid zip code.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

The return address says 44261, but I don't recognize the name, so I haven't mentioned it. The postage cancellation says 44260.

But what would USPS know... they still have all the zip codes screwed up around here... issued invalid numbers, then withdrew them and issued new numbers. I had a check addressed to me returned by the USPS saying no such address :-) ...Jim Thompson

I believe that the following article is relevant. If I recall correctly that Jim is filtering out most posts which come through Google Groups, he may not have been aware that he was being gifted.

And, if I recall correctly that he also filters out almost all posts from .ORG domains, he may not see this answer. Oh well.

###> Begin quoted article

An example of the two coil type just left here priority mail to the S.T. valley. No big deal, the board camera it was on is quite dead, with no V Sync.

Steve R.

###> End quoted article

Reply to
David Platt

Now that we have got you up to speed on wheat beer, try this next:

and then

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Will do. That Irish Cream looks appealing! ...Jim Thompson

It's like a Bodington, with the nitrogen foamy gadget, but a bit smoother.

Precision electronic instrumentation

What is the nitrogen gadget?

Reply to
haiticare2011

It's a plastic thing in the bottom of the can. The beer is pressurized with nitrogen, and it foams when you open it. That's where canned Guinness gets its foam, same gadget.

OK, it's a widget, not a gadget.

The newest ones are a plastic cylinder attached to the bottom of the can. It seems to be just a small volume with tiny access holes.

Precision electronic instrumentation

Would someone tell Jim that Steve Roberts sent him the camera lens. I just scrapped a 400$ dome camera for lack of V-sync. I figured that he might like to see a lens servo up close. It was a no brainer to drop it into a box.

44261 is Suffield, Ohio, Which became 44260 after a edict from the post office to stop using 44261 when USPTO closed our tiny office and consolidated it with nearby Mogadore.

Evidently my email does not make it through his spam traps any more. He cant see Gmail....

So please relay this in SED some one....

Steve

Reply to
sroberts6328

This should do the trick.

Reply to
JW

I recall someone stating they sent it. perhaps they are in your killfie?

--
umop apisdn
Reply to

You really could've made this a hell of alot more interesting.

Reply to
jurb6006