Mystery kiosk (?)

Obviously has an LCD display, up top. And, likely a smaller one down low (likely used as a touch panel).

The two black circles n either side of the "touch panel" looked like they might have been speakers of some sort -- but, I notice a pair of (cheap) headphones hanging on a hook at the left (AND RIGHT!!!!) so not so sure about the "speaker" conclusion.

No idea as to what that orange thing might be (some sort of sticker added after the fact -- not part of the intended function?)

And, as *I* can't make out the contents of the top display, ("PICTURE", "RETURN", ) no idea as to its intended purpose.

Wild guesses? (I'm not curious enough to have a look at it up close)

Don Y

I believe I've seen kiosks like that which were used (quite a long time ago) to sell music in digital form ("latest pop releases" and that sort of thing). You can browse the available selections, listen to samples via speakers or headphone, and then make a purchase and download the tracks somehow.

The PICTURE/DYNAMIC/RETURN information on the screen looks like a TV/monitor setup-and-adjustment interface. I'd guess that the kiosk incorporates an off-the-shelf monitor of some sort, and that it's been put into setup mode.

Reply to
Dave Platt

Ah! That makes sense! Two pair of headphones so "a friend" can listen in...

You think that to be *in* the monitor and not the driving host? <shrug> Perhaps.

In either case, I'd settle for that (those) explanation!

I'd assumed it was more of a "home brewed" contraption.

Reply to
Don Y