...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

On a sunny day (Sun, 14 Mar 2021 03:50:42 -0700 (PDT)) it happened Phil Allison snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Maybe he likes this:

Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Sun, 14 Mar 2021 05:02:28 -0700 (PDT)) it happened Phil Allison snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

He runs a company, that is largely about human interaction and teamwork and some fun. He is the captain.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

---------------------------------------.

** You're insane
Reply to
Phil Allison

Jan Panteltje wrote: ==================== >

** FYI:

JL hates human made music. So machine music under uC control is a logical alternative for JL.

Not your crazy notion.

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

On a sunny day (Sun, 14 Mar 2021 05:25:11 -0700 (PDT)) it happened Phil Allison snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Well we let him decide, if he has not blacklisted your thread.

For me the stepper music sucked. Did you write that?

I am not much of a musician, played trumpet, even in front of .. anyways that is an other pirate story :-) And later got hold of a guitar as so many of us in those years. I wrote exactly one piece of music that later got lost. In my youth we had no musical instruments at home, else electronics might have been music. As a very small kid we once went to some auntie, she had a piano, I took immediate possession of it, but they could not stand the noise -:) I like [human made] music, I heard electronics made music and found it crap. Even did a guitar course later, but so much happened in those days that I did not persist and no idea where the guitar went. Was a Beetles fan back then. Have more then a thousand tracks on this laptop alone wrote the media player too.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Time to at least get into the 80s. Floppy made music:

Bear made music:

bitrex

Your crew is soft, looking suspect of course Reminds me of the Village People or the Soul Sonic Force.

Reply to
bitrex

Sorry, it's just annoying sounds to me.

Reply to
jlarkin

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Reply to
jlarkin

Almost all of it.

No, even worse.

Reply to
jlarkin

bitrex wrote: =============

** HP Scanner did "House of the rising Sun"

** That is fake, the bear is miming to a recording.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

===================================

** Would be, if you have no memory of the original hit.

JL very likely has "amusia" - a congenital brain defect. It's not treatable, like autism.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

No sir, Keytar Bear is just that good and has been busking the streets of Boston for over a decade. Seen him "live" a few times and he slips up and plays bum notes occasionally but not very often. I think he'd have been caught out by now if he were faking regularly.

Though no one's entirely sure if it's always been the same guy it's likely that it is.

The "bear hands" are just a covering I think he's wearing thin valet-like gloves underneath so he can finger. When he's wearing e.g. team jersey for game night he doesn't bother with them as in the photo on the wiki. Also the audio is slightly out of sync with the video.

bitrex

Wow, nope, I'm mistaken those are full paws:

bitrex

bitrex wrote: =========== >

hil

** Slow the vid to 0.5 and watch from 48 seconds in.

Bear stops playing and turns round for 2 seconds. The music does not stop. Happens again later.

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Hm. that part is suspicious. At 2:50 though he stops for a moment and then comes in a few bars later and in-between beats, too. So he'd have to memorize how long to stop for and when to come in again.

Ahhh...at 2:00 he reaches over and seems to get a bit more sloppy afterwards. Maybe that's when he cuts out the recording of himself and goes live. Could be he just runs a pre-recorded version when there aren't many spectators and cuts it out when a crowd starts to show up. or vice versa - that could be the hustle. Must get tiring playing live outside for hours and hours.

He's known to not be a particularly "nice guy" so wouldn't surprise me. When tourists or drunks annoy him or treat him like a Disneyworld employee the bear is known to tell them exactly what he thinks of them. "No your sister can't have a picture with me, she's too fat."

Reply to
bitrex

2:00, rather
Reply to
bitrex

2:00 he hits a button. Then at 2:50 he stops. Starts again. There we go.
Reply to
bitrex

Since I don't like music and avoid it, I'd be unlikely to remember a tune.

Music is just another mindless stimulus, like chocolate or meth or superhero movies. There is no particular virtue in liking or disliking them.

Reply to
jlarkin