Multilayer PCB - Shielding - Which supply on each layer?

Just a cover over the delicate stuff, to keep the drafts off, can hugely reduce 1/F type noise. But 10 uV isn't seriously difficult.

John

When testing your circuit and closely inspecting something on the PCB, don't be surprised, if the voltages fluctuate with your breathing every few seconds :-). Any transparent semiconductor package can cause problems due to ambient light variations.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Keinanen

And somehow you can buy cheap opamps that have offsets below 1 uV + 2 nV/degC.

John

That's just it. At that frequency, not much would get trapped out. Fast fluctuations would.

I think you may need to pot the finished device, or at least conformally coat it. You could design it as a conductively cooled device, where the entire assembly is pretty much always at the same temperature.

Reply to
Dorothy with the Red Shoes on

"Paul Keinanen" wrote >

Any transparent semiconductor package can cause

Even hermetically sealed packages can be a problem. Way back when I was a test engr for a semi manufacturer I discovered that the TO-99 packages we were using leaked light up the frit seal around the legs. This wreaked havoc with Vos and Ib on OA's and IA's. Art

Reply to
Artemus