Motorola sc421636p datasheet

I was tearing apart gizmos in my junk pile. One of them was an old radio th ing to get into the parking garage at an apartment I used to live in. It ha s one chip. A Motorola SC421636P in a 16pin dip package. I tried to find th e datasheet and I get hits on Google but they're not the right datasheet or they're trying to sell me parts. Apparently people still have them in stoc k. It's not really important but does anyone have an idea where to look for this datasheet? It makes me wonder if we are losing all this old design in formation.

Reply to
Wanderer

I think you will find that standard Motorola part numbers begin with an "M". Therefore your SC part is a number assigned to the company that made your radio device. If that company is still in business, they might be willing to share an equivalent Motorola standard number, or at least tell you if it is a custom part.

When I've searched for information on obsolete parts, there are often companies that claim to sell them. Unfortunately they are usually out of stock, and do not know when more will arrive!

Fred

Reply to
Fred McKenzie